Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-21-2003, 10:18 PM   #51
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

I don't have any yet but i plan on getting 3 eyebrow pierceings gonna be punked out [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2003, 10:26 AM   #52
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
Annatar, have you had a dental check-up since you had the piercing? The ball, whether oon a long or short post has a tendency to "click" against the teeth and eroding the enamel. A lot of people have experienced trouble with chipping and/or thinning of the enamel.
The only thing my dentist said that he did not approve it, because in the end your teeth will be corrupted... though this can be prevented with the use of a plastic ball or a golden ball/staff, plastic will not harm your teeth in any way, but its rather ugly occasionally.

I choose for gold, its rather soft metal (you probably know that).. so if you bite on your piercing (trust me it will happen) its not your teeth that break but the piercing is bent in (has a little crater in it)

I had experienced a broken teeth due to my piercing, I had a blue titanium piercing (titanium is used due to it will not change in colorarization, or will vade in color) but as we all know... titanium is hard as hell and will not bend if you have the smart idea to chew on it [img]graemlins/uhoh2.gif[/img] (I actually bit on it accidentally)
and ended up with a broken teeth... [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Lets just say my dentist wasn't that glad to fix it, but luckely he did not have any rights to not threat me... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

About infection, it was her own dumb fault... you get a little yellow book when you have been pierced in your tongue (regulation) that states what you need to do the first 2 weeks (flush with mouthwater, keep it clean.. be hygienec ect..)
If you keep it clean and stay alert nothing will happen, when you have doubt about it go see your piercer and he will tell you what to do...
If it is infected there are several threatments for it... a more radical one is removing the first one and keep it clean until it as all growth like it was and pierce again... or like the girl did flush with something... that isn't really conventional but will work (chloor water, pure alchohol, bleach).

Other questions...?
Old 04-22-2003, 10:51 AM   #53
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Blind_Prophet:
I don't have any yet but i plan on getting 3 eyebrow pierceings gonna be punked out [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I see weird piercings on kids and really shake my head. Before you go getting one of those earplug-type piercings that actually stretch your lobe by 4 inches or some weird "my face looks like a magnet for small metal objects" thing done to your face, consider, just consider, that some day you may want to get a job and this may be an absolute bar to getting hired. There are some professions that you can simply mark off your list of options, and you just may be too young to be doing that to yourself.

I don't make the rules - so don't shoot the messenger.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:58 AM   #54
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Piercings can be removed without much scar tissue, tattoo's however... will leave your skin battered and scared behind when it is removed.

A tongue piercing for example will grow closed in 4 hours..4!
A Eyebrow will be closed in matter of days (1 or 2), if you really feel like that you out-grow the hole piercing thing... remove them!

I agree with TL about functions that your bosss does not take it kindly when your face looks like a the door of a fridge, though piercings can be removed so if your boss has an complain about them.. remove them or find another job.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:43 PM   #55
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce The Aussie:
but you sure are brave getting your tongue done. i heard it hurts. alot. and bleeds like crazy.
It does hurt for like 4 or 5 seconds (it feels like 2 a 3 minutes though) and that is when the needle is inserted (8 cm long, half a mm in wide), when your tongue is pierced they put in the jewelry (the piercing) and then you need to take a sip of something rather distugsting (tastes like ''goldstrike'', 55% liquor and is disgusting) to disinfect any bacteries that may have enterded during the procedure.

About the bleeding, this depends.. on the person that sets the piercing (if he can do it properly) and about the person that is getting piercid (some people bleed much faster then other [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] ).. if the piercer hits a blood-nerve your in a lot of fun (I witnissed this a couple of months ago, a girlfriend of mine got pierced in the wrong way), she almost bleeded to death due to a mistake from the piercer (he hit a nerve).

But he... they who wanna get pretty (or rather freaky) must endure pain and agony [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]OMG don't tell me it hurts,nor the size ofneedle, i was going nextmonth to have mine done..andas for tattoos, they do not hurtmore than a sec, the continous punctering of the skin deadens the nerves, i know i have 7 of them, and will get another soon
Old 04-23-2003, 02:56 PM   #56
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
quote:
I see weird piercings on kids and really shake my head. Before you go getting one of those earplug-type piercings that actually stretch your lobe by 4 inches or some weird "my face looks like a magnet for small metal objects" thing done to your face, consider, just consider, that some day you may want to get a job and this may be an absolute bar to getting hired. There are some professions that you can simply mark off your list of options, and you just may be too young to be doing that to yourself.

[/QUOTE]Heh well i don't plan on getting any zero gauge earrings or anything. Just small then loops in my eyebrow. And i'm 17 you might not think thats old enough but thats ok. plus i don't like those huge plugs either [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2003, 06:22 PM   #57
Mojo
Elminster

Quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]My flesh tunnel is only about a half-inch wide, and it'll shrink to a normal size if it's out for long enough, so that's not a problem. It's the same with the other piercings; you may end up with a small scar but if you're not looking for it then you'll be fine [img]smile.gif[/img]

And a little news....yesterday I got my lip pierced again
Old 04-23-2003, 06:32 PM   #58
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/railgun.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smilelazer.gif[/img] just cuz,lol