Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 06:08 PM   #11
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
I do feel that some of your threads are somewhat provocative Diogenes. Not necessarily a bad thing, but just not what some people want to read. I personally think you have good, rational arguments, but Ziroc does have to be careful with this kind of thing.

But if people do not want to read these posts why do they read them? I feel like these serious discussions are being censored (more than for profanity and flaming). People are passionate and this passion sometimes comes across as offensive, but to those of us that are also passionate we recognize it and know that it is not a personal attack, but rather a spirited defense/offense.

Since this place has turned into a 'playground' of sorts and that is not what I wish to spend my time on, I am going to leave for awhile...maybe I will post a little in the new thread, but certainly not in GD (can we even call it that anymore) for a long while! We drove people away with serious discussion and now we threaten to do the same by censoring these discussions!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 10-10-2001, 06:12 PM   #12
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Down towards the bottom...check the "Hop to" link at the page. Drop down the list box. One of the entries towards the bottom should say "War on Terrorism" or something like that. New forum.

Thanks Saz...*bonks self on the head*. Please disregard my above post.

------------------
"In Memorium of those who are gone, and all those that bought our freedom with their hearts blood!"

"May the Colors of Liberty never run"
Old 10-10-2001, 06:14 PM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I could SWEAR Ziroc asked us all NOT to post threads asking why a thread was locked or deleted but to email him or the mods instead!

There is another forum now available, let's try it before we decide not to like it, hmm?

Cloudy, about freaking ready to shut off her pc!

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 06:17 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Ziroc, again with respect, I wish you would reconsider this.

Why should the content of the forum be restricted by a few people who are not willing to live and let live thread wise, who complain about threads that they don't like when all they have to do is not read them?

Shall I start emailing you with complaints about all the types of threads that I don't care for? I could do that you know. Instead of doing that, however, I respect the right of others to talk about whatever topics they want. If I am not interested, I simply don't bother with those topics. I fail to understand why certain others apparently are not extending the same courtesy.
DIO! For God's sake! The man made a decision! Abide by it a while and THEN complain if it isn't to your liking.

Dammit, I really thought people were going to stop being so volatile about things.

CB

------------------

CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
Old 10-10-2001, 06:19 PM   #15
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
I could SWEAR Ziroc asked us all NOT to post threads asking why a thread was locked or deleted but to email him or the mods instead!

There is another forum now available, let's try it before we decidide not to like it, hmm?

Cloudy, about freaking ready to shut off her pc!

Didn't know he had ever posted that, Cloudy. If so, I am sorry.

I am not sure what you are talking about regarding not liking the new forum. I love the idea of the new forum. I will be over there a lot, I assure you. My questions were not about the new forum at all, but about the Capitalism/Christianity thread, which remains on the GD forum.

Old 10-10-2001, 06:21 PM   #16
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Also, I have to throw my 2 cents in with Dio and Moridin. If people aren't interested in reading the serious threads, they shouldn't read them. If they are upset by the content, they shouldn't read it. There is a back button on the browser for just that reason. I, like Dio and Moridin am upset by the fact that the opinion of a few who are unhappy seems to be influenicing policy. The Mods make a very big deal about respecting each persons right to their opinion. Well, if my opinion is that you're an idiot, and I want to say so, aren't I entitled to have my opinion respected?(not direted at anyone, so please dont thump me) Or, becuase my opinion is unpopular, does that mean it should be censored so as not to not hurt anyones feelings? That's PCism at its finest.

I'm sorry Ziroc...that's not why I came here. I came here for intelligent conversation. I get it. And I love the high spiritedness of the serious debates. It challenges me, and I thrive on that. And I dont think I'm alone.

*Sound of 2 pennies hitting the table*

------------------
"In Memorium of those who are gone, and all those that bought our freedom with their hearts blood!"

"May the Colors of Liberty never run"
Old 10-10-2001, 06:21 PM   #17
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
DIO! For God's sake! The man made a decision! Abide by it a while and THEN complain if it isn't to your liking.

Dammit, I really thought people were going to stop being so volatile about things.

CB

Huh? Sorry, dear, but you are losing me entirely.

And with all due respect, you are the one reacting in a volatile manner at the moment.

I had a few questions, which I tried to ask as reasonably and calmly as possible. I am NOT upset, Cloudy.

Again, if that is against the rules, I was not aware of it, and am sorry for doing so.
Old 10-10-2001, 06:28 PM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

"Also, if you see a thread/post deleted or closed, please do not post a new message asking where the thread/post went or why it was closed. These types of questions can be answered by emailing your webmaster."

From the rules Ziroc posted a link to earlier this week. Dio, I'm sorry, you didn't complain about the new forum and I aplogize for that. Someone else did and it looked like I was coming down on you for it. And well, if it's any consolation, dear, I'm feeling a bit frazzled. Mea culpa!

Cloudy

------------------

CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
Old 10-10-2001, 06:31 PM   #19
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
"Also, if you see a thread/post deleted or closed, please do not post a new message asking where the thread/post went or why it was closed. These types of questions can be answered by emailing your webmaster."

From the rules Ziroc posted a link to earlier this week. Dio, I'm sorry, you didn't complain about the new forum and I aplogize for that. Someone else did and it looked like I was coming down on you for it. And well, if it's any consolation, dear, I'm feeling a bit frazzled. Mea culpa!

Cloudy

No problem. Actually it's sort of reassuring to know that even Cloudy can lose her temper
Old 10-10-2001, 06:34 PM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
No problem. Actually it's sort of reassuring to know that even Cloudy can lose her temper
LOL, uh.. that is not even close...believe me!

Here is the link to the rules.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...i?action=agree

Cloudy

------------------

CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud