Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-10-2001, 06:49 AM   #1
Epona
Zartan

OK, I want to know what was your happiest, proudest, best moment of your life.
Include the following please -
Where were you?
What was the event?
What made it so special?
Does it still affect your life today?
Or any other relevant information.
Just tell it like a story, I want all the juicy details....

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-10-2001, 06:58 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
OK, I want to know what was your happiest, proudest, best moment of your life.
Include the following please -
Where were you?
What was the event?
What made it so special?
Does it still affect your life today?
Or any other relevant information.
Just tell it like a story, I want all the juicy details....
hmmm, not sure... i have a pretty lousy mememory when it comes to those kind of things (not that i had so many of them mind you ) lets see now, i can recall the time when i got my first honor and recognition award (when i was in gradeschool) or when i fell in love with a certain girl, graduated from college and entered one of the best schools here in my country. i could have been proud just being with all of my friends at a party one time... sigh but i cant recall the BEST of the BEST thingie ever that happened in my life ;(... oh well, ill make a new one ..

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 08:29 AM   #3
H. Sedai

Okay, here goes. I bought a computer game, an extremely large bag of cheetos, and a 12 pack of MGD. I found out that the computer game wasn't really a game but an expansion to the coveted game called "Baldur's Gate II". I found the game and then drove home anticipating some munching, drinking, and gaming.

I sat down with my Phillies slippers on my feet, my left hand in a cheetos bag and my right hand clicking madly on my mouse. Oh sweet bliss. The orange mustache was evident on my face and orange finger prints littered my keyboard. I heard a voice call to me from out there. "Mike, what (in God's name) are you doing?" "Mmmmrph?" I replied. I had packed entirely too many cheetos in my mouth and was doing my walrus imitation. The Throne of Bhaal manual was in my lap and was also covered in cheesy fingerprints. My world was alive with the characters I had come to know and love again. "We will leave no crevice untouched", the funny ranger dude yelled. I chuckled and shoveled more cheesy wonders into my mouth and washed it down with some beer. Mmmmm beer

2 hours later, my poor little kitty had an orange head because she wanted to help me play and my bag of cheesy goodness was empty. I decided to stop playing because I couldn't figure out who Melf was and why he had meteors that only lasted for a minute.

Hope you enjoyed my favorite time.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

Old 10-10-2001, 10:37 AM   #4
Raif Gwydionson
Dungeon Master

Can't say for my whole life, but this is up there

Last Friday:

My brother's wedding. (this in itself is a beautiful thing)
I was the best man. (quite an honor)
I didn't mess up my best man duties.. lol

My date was this girl I had known and completely fallen in love with in High School. I never had the nerve or timing to ask her out, so subsequently we just remained good friends over the years. During the summer, over something stupid, she stopped talking to me. My original date had canceled on me, and so I called this girl at 1:30 in the morning on Friday morning, and after a really akward conversation, convinced her to come with me. (the mark of a great person, bailing out a friend even during a fight, I think) So all goes well, and we actually have a really good time at the wedding and all past transgressions were forgotten. And at the end of the night, I remember her hugging me, then turning away, and then turning back and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

Sounds kind of silly, because it wasn't some big passionate thing, but the fact that she turned back around gives me a bit of hope and a smile on my face.

hahaha im such a sap.
So is life.

[This message has been edited by Raif Gwydionson (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 10:44 AM   #5
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by H. Sedai:
Okay, here goes. I bought a computer game, an extremely large bag of cheetos, and a 12 pack of MGD. I found out that the computer game wasn't really a game but an expansion to the coveted game called "Baldur's Gate II". I found the game and then drove home anticipating some munching, drinking, and gaming.

I sat down with my Phillies slippers on my feet, my left hand in a cheetos bag and my right hand clicking madly on my mouse. Oh sweet bliss. The orange mustache was evident on my face and orange finger prints littered my keyboard. I heard a voice call to me from out there. "Mike, what (in God's name) are you doing?" "Mmmmrph?" I replied. I had packed entirely too many cheetos in my mouth and was doing my walrus imitation. The Throne of Bhaal manual was in my lap and was also covered in cheesy fingerprints. My world was alive with the characters I had come to know and love again. "We will leave no crevice untouched", the funny ranger dude yelled. I chuckled and shoveled more cheesy wonders into my mouth and washed it down with some beer. Mmmmm beer

2 hours later, my poor little kitty had an orange head because she wanted to help me play and my bag of cheesy goodness was empty. I decided to stop playing because I couldn't figure out who Melf was and why he had meteors that only lasted for a minute.

OMIFRICKIN GOD!!
That post reminded me so much of eric cartman eating his cheesy poofs
Thanx for my big laugh of the day

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.

[This message has been edited by AzureWolf (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 10:50 AM   #6
Jorath Calar
Harper

Summer of '97
I had a great job, good friends, sweet girlfriend, the future was bright.
The best time of my life.
Old 10-10-2001, 11:29 AM   #7
Sorcerer Alex

Summer of '99. My brother and I went on holiday to Spain and had a fantastic time Beaches, beer, women.... ah yes, those were the days....

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

Old 10-10-2001, 11:55 AM   #8
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
Summer of '99. My brother and I went on holiday to Spain and had a fantastic time Beaches, beer, women.... ah yes, those were the days....
Can't.....resist...urge....to be....sarcastic! AAAAGGGHHH!

I guess it was you and your brother sitting on the beach, WISHING you had beer and OGLING the women, right? What were you - 14...15?

Epona: I haven't HAD a 'best' moment yet. Still waiting....*taps foot, checks watch*

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-10-2001, 11:57 AM   #9
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by H. Sedai:

Well, Mr. Sedai, claiming that I had the best time of my life while reading your post here would most certainly be a major stretch, but I can honestly say that you provided for one of my best moments here on IW in weeks ...

Thank you very much !

And Epona, "seeing" you, is always a supreme pleasure as well.

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 10-10-2001, 12:09 PM   #10
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Can't.....resist...urge....to be....sarcastic! AAAAGGGHHH!

I guess it was you and your brother sitting on the beach, WISHING you had beer and OGLING the women, right? What were you - 14...15?

Epona: I haven't HAD a 'best' moment yet. Still waiting....*taps foot, checks watch*

I was 15 but in Europe you can drink at 16. And given that I did look slightly older I had no problems whatsoever. I can't believe how incredibly strict America is on alcohol. And yes, I did have a rather successful holiday with regards to females. Take my word for it

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB