Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-18-2001, 11:25 PM   #71
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

and I should have bonus in flood control time
Old 03-19-2001, 12:23 AM   #72
Archaon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I for one am looking forward very much to the expansion and i cant wait to get my hands on it. here are a couple things i would like to see implemented just my 2 cents:

- forging peices of armour and eq out of magicaly enhanced gems. i.e take a helmet and magic ioun stone and fuse them togethor.

- Really i mean really nasty monsters. I.e dragon hordes, demi-lich cults

- maybe some lvl 10 spells?

- No "petty quests". when your pretty much a demigod people wont be asking you to go and retrieve a teddy bear.

- Ability to recharge items for gold.

- finish romances...maybe include a wedding of sorts, complete with you havng some Bhaalspawn children.

- a fight with the gods. at this point they think your a threat to them so there after you.

- more group fights. or more than one main antagonist. I.e (like the movie at the end of bg2... a whole council of mages or gods should fight you instead of one.

------------------
Master Of Sorcery... Slave To Darkness
Old 03-19-2001, 02:24 AM   #73
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Archaeon, some answers to your questions:

- forging peices of armour and eq out of magicaly enhanced gems. i.e take a helmet and magic ioun stone and fuse them togethor. possibly.

- Really i mean really nasty monsters. I.e dragon hordes, demi-lich cults There will be some VERY nasty monsters, including fiends such as cornugons, spinagons and other baatezu as well as tanar'ri.

- maybe some lvl 10 spells? There will be some powerful spells available. Don't know if they will be level 10 spells though. Since after the fall of Netheril, Mystra imposed a strict limit on the highest level spells that mages could cast - that level being level 9. Seeing as you're literally a demigod though, who knows?

- No "petty quests". when your pretty much a demigod people wont be asking you to go and retrieve a teddy bear. Definitely not!

- Ability to recharge items for gold.Not sure about this.

- finish romances...maybe include a wedding of sorts, complete with you havng some Bhaalspawn children.Romances will be concluded here.

- a fight with the gods. at this point they think your a threat to them so there after you.Well, you are fighting all the other Bhaalspawn - who know who may notice?

- more group fights. or more than one main antagonist. I.e (like the movie at the end of bg2... a whole council of mages or gods should fight you instead of one.The focus will be on fighting groups, largely at the same level as you. (For a challenge, try soloing these guys! )

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-19-2001, 06:57 AM   #74
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Today's update!

Dave Gaider (Senior Designer)
Justifying your actions to continue on: We actually argued a fair bit, ourselves, about including a third option to get into Chapter 3. We finally decided that the situation should be an unpleasant one, having to choose between the lesser of two evils. Had we had more time, we probably could have done a third option (through the Radiant Heart, was the idea being bandied about)...but the complexity and length of the quests involved in each side sort of prohibited it.

The Shadow Thieves aren't evil per se...just unethical. Even Linvail himself is simple True Neutral...although the fact that the Shadow Thieves have assassins certainly wouldn't bode well for them in the eyes of any paladin.

What it boils down to is, basically, whether you are willing to do the tasks that a side asks you to. I don't remember off-hand, but I'm pretty sure the Shadow Thieves' tasks are more benign.

But I'm glad you found a role-playing reason to justify going forward. That's the important thing...and until a game can encompass every decision or attitude a player might take (like a human GM could), justifying their actions is something that's going to crop up once in a while.

------------------
Old 03-19-2001, 07:17 AM   #75
Melusine
Dracolisk

Memny, thanks so much for your updates! You're a darling!
I just cannot wait until ToB will be for sale here...~gnawing finger nails in anticipation~

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-19-2001, 03:11 PM   #76
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

*BUMP*

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-19-2001, 05:49 PM   #77
Chedda316
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am new at this so i don't know if this question has already been asked, but i was wondering if there would be any change in the multi-player?
Old 03-20-2001, 04:08 AM   #78
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Chedda316:
I am new at this so i don't know if this question has already been asked, but i was wondering if there would be any change in the multi-player?
I hope so. I'll find out for you.

------------------
Old 03-20-2001, 04:10 AM   #79
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Memny, thanks so much for your updates! You're a darling!
I just cannot wait until ToB will be for sale here...~gnawing finger nails in anticipation~

Gnawing fingernails?!? Melusine, please! First drooling greedily, now this! What next?

------------------
Old 03-20-2001, 01:51 PM   #80
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

*BUMP*

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!