Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 12-04-2002, 04:38 PM   #1
Rokenn
Galvatron

An eleventh Star Trek film is being planned - even though the tenth is yet to be released. The film's executive producer Rick Berman revealed that the series is too lucrative for studio Paramount not to make another installment. He expects the upcoming Star Trek: Nemesis - released next month in America - to be a huge success, and has little doubt the company would consider dropping them. Berman says, "I can tell you right now we'll be making another film. There's never been a Star Trek movie that wasn't profitable for Paramount. One of the things about Star Trek movies is there's no risk in making them because the studio knows if you spend this much money on producing the film, you're going to make that much money or you might even make that much money. But there's pretty much a window of the profitability of these films, unlike non-Star Trek films which could be total wrecks and not make a dime, or could take off and make $200 million, there's a risk involved. There's very little risk involved in Star Trek films."

source

Translation:
We can spend $200 million making a crappy movie that we know hapless fans will see regardless of the reviews. And still make bank [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2002, 11:31 PM   #2
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

Yeah, but I heard Nemesis will be the last w/the NextGen crew. Who's going to do Star Trek 11 then? Voyager (bleh)? Deep Space Nine (double bleh)?
I've been trekked out since NextGen ended.
HolyWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 11:47 PM   #3
Rokenn
Galvatron

My guess would be a Enterprise movie. Maybe from the POV of the Future Guy(s) that are fighting the temporal cold war.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:07 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Omg triple Bleh if its an Enterprise movie!
You know what i've been hoping for? A crossover movie, possibly blending TNG, Voyager and DS9...it's quite easy to do once you have the right 'great galactic battle' storyline going on.
Old 12-05-2002, 06:37 AM   #5
Sio

<font color="Deepskyblue">I hope it aint an Enterprise movie! man that series is sucky, I cant bring myself to watch it. A continued series of TNG would of been better than Enterprise</font>
Old 12-05-2002, 08:48 AM   #6
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

The current film is being marketed as the "last voyage of a generation" (or something along those lines), but months ago, when they were still working on it, word was that the cast (especially Picard) enjoyed it so much they wanted to make a direct sequel to it.
Given that the new film involved the Romulans, I hope they at least MENTION Spock, who has been working with the underground there for several years to bring peace to Romulus. I know they'll never get Nimoy to appear in a film, but they should at least tell us what the character's been up to.

[ 12-05-2002, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Arnabas ]
Old 12-17-2002, 01:23 AM   #7
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I am not a huge star trek fan but I enjoyed Nemesis, it is really good.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 05:07 AM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by HolyWarrior:
Yeah, but I heard Nemesis will be the last w/the NextGen crew. Who's going to do Star Trek 11 then? Voyager (bleh)? Deep Space Nine (double bleh)?
Hey, how dareth thou insult the Deep Space9 crew? Its by far the best Star Trek series (after, perhaps, the Next Generation).
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 01:03 PM   #9
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by HolyWarrior:
Hey, how dareth thou insult the Deep Space9 crew? Its by far the best Star Trek series (after, perhaps, the Next Generation).</font>[/QUOTE]DS9 was good in the last few seasons. It always helps when you have an actual stroy arc to follow [img]smile.gif[/img] Sisko was/is my second favorite Star Trek captain, after Kirk of course [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2002, 05:42 PM   #10
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by HolyWarrior:
Hey, how dareth thou insult the Deep Space9 crew? Its by far the best Star Trek series (after, perhaps, the Next Generation).</font>[/QUOTE]It was only good because of the Dominion War.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote