Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-09-2001, 09:58 PM   #61
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Clouddy, Clouddy, I would not have dared posted what I did above if I didn't talk with several other IW members who do feel the same as Absynthe does, and even give thoughts about just moving away silently.

So it's not just him, it's not just me, if many people feel that way, then there is something that must be done. What, I dunno. Sorry to disagree, but you can't suppress an uneasyness just by saying it doesn't have any ground.

Or maybe you are right, why bother ? There are enough IW members here without us to make IW just fine.

I am one of the ones who was discussing this with Moiraine today. I feel the same way she does. I am thrilled we are always getting new members, and I know Moiraine is happy about that too.. as are the other 'oldies'. However, the personal attacks on people's opinions or statements have changed the flavor of the boards IMHO. It doesn't feel 'safe' to post on any of the controversial topics. I no longer even read them. Why bother? Some people seem to relish trying to upset others. Not worth it to me. I come here for fun, and to enjoy this wonderful world community of people, not to see factionalism and nationalism and personal insults hurled for differing points of view. It saddens me.

I am not leaving, but I am also not posting very much. Ebbs & flows in conversations on boards such as this are normal and natural, but intolerance and rudeness are easily avoided if people make just a little effort. Tolerance of other points of views can go a long way toward improving the atmosphere anywhere.

Just my point of view.

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.
Old 10-10-2001, 03:41 AM   #62
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

So the wheel turns and the wind blows in another direction.
The grass is starting to grow brown and short as winter comes.
The spring and summer heat is distant.
The songs of birds is silent, a lonely raven crows out for attention.
A lonely wold wanders back to a mountain of cold.
For there he will sit and make a fire, a fire and a beacon for friends found and lost.

And for you who think that this is crap, you are more then welcome, might be it is, but it is also a meaning in it self.

------------------

Howling to the moon, cause this world seems so far away..
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 10-10-2001, 05:11 AM   #63
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Okay, as one of the apparently despised "new" members, let me say that I find the attitude of some of you older people personally insulting. You act as if this is rightfully your board, and that we are just getting in the way of your fun.

I am not stopping you from posting whatever the heck you want. Go right ahead. But don't just sit there, whining about the loss of the good old days. Post away!!!!!

Dio, I think that this is the type of post that Absynthe was talking about (nice post Absynthe BTW) .

Here we are, talking generally about how the board has changed, and you introduce the word 'despised'. Where is this coming from, I haven't seen any mention of people being despised. You have changed the whole tone of the thread.

We are not 'whining about the good old days'. Moiraine said:

'I don't know ... maybe the Board has changed, new members and all, and so be it ...

Quoting a dear British guy "Sit and watch ..."'

The key words were 'and so be it...' We understand that things change with time and,we are not saying they shouldn't.

As an analogy I hate garage, hip hop, bloody hard house and any number of musical trends. Why can't it be like the good old days when we had The Beatles, Stones and Kinks? But you see, I know the answer - modern music belongs to young people and there is nothing as constant as change itself. But don't think you'll ever stop me being nostalgic about the sixties & seventies, because I KNOW music was better then .

What I can't understand is why you take this as being 'personally insulting' and why you feel the need to be so aggressive in your reply.

I, personally, would be greatly saddened to see Moiraine leave the board and I hope she will reconsider.

BTW the 'British guy' she quotes in her post was me, it was posted at another time of upheaval when we changed from the blue to the brown board.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!