Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 08:01 AM   #1
Paulos66
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How do you cure 'insane'?? I've tried cure and heal potions and all the spells I've got but nothing works Is the only way to trek back to the nearest town and use the temple?
Old 02-14-2005, 08:16 AM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The "restore health" spell and the "exorcism" spell are the only ones that cure insanity.

I think the very rare "cure" potion might also cure it, but I cannot remember. If that is the case, then the "cure" spell might also rid one of insanity.

[ 02-14-2005, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 02-14-2005, 08:31 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

It does not. The Cure Potion "casts" the Cure spell. That's all. The Cure spell does not cure insanity.

The Exorcism spell does cure insanity. I've never tried Restore Health for curing insanity so that I don't know whether it will help.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:00 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Restore health will also take care of insanity. The potion may do it too.

BTW, if you're playing a solo game, insanity doesn't work -- you may go insane, but you can still control your character normally.

You can stock up on Exorcism scrolls in the temple. Everyone needs a couple except for those who can cast exorcism...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 06:30 AM   #5
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

Oh Insanity 1 of the more annoying spells to be hit by. i usually get hit by the pixies in Brimloch Roon map. Another annoying spell is Wasting or something like that maybe it was called Disease. I got hit by this rather annoying spell whilst i was mapping out the stout mines. Anyway i spent alot of spells on it before i just looked at the manual and found out that i need to CURE it to get rid of it. My Warrior Lizzord/Ranger had 1 more lvl to go until he could get cure. So i set the respawn rate to high and walked around killing miners/worgurs/bats and blobs. When i lvled, it turned out i couldnt get it for another lvl anyway but by that time i had all ready lost alot of my will and some of my dexterity. So i just left for the town which was a 1 minute walk and only losing an extra 2 dexterity.
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 06:50 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

Diseases can be cured in any temple. Another possibility of getting rid of diseases is the Cure potion. It is extremely rare. I daresay the Cure potion is the most valuable artifact in the whole game They are green so that you cannot distinguish them from the Poison Bomb potions. You can identify them by:
(1) The Artifact Skill
(2) By touching them in your inventory and seeing, which areas on your hero figurine get the green border. If it is the 2nd weapon and quiver areas, then it is the Poison Bomb potion. If it is your pockets, then it is a Cure Potion.
(3) By checking the description screen of the potion. The Poison Bomb will show an unidentified "throwing weapon", Cure Potion will show a "potion".

Where you can get the potions:
(1) In the temple by donations. One of the possible rewards is the Cure Potion.
(2) Passim in Brimloch Roon. You can get the potion from chests in all dungeons there. Centaurs, vampires (including the ordinary ones!), Pit Fiends and higher fiends, and some other monsters can drop it.

It is a wise decision to inherit the Cure Potions from one game to another At any rate, having a Cure spell ready is the most reasonable decision [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2005, 09:43 AM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Ah, yes. It is the "disease" condition that the "cure" spell cures. [img]smile.gif[/img]