Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2004, 11:12 AM   #1
megan row
Elite Waterdeep Guard

introduce myself: megan row, female warrior and novice in every (nearly)respect. i have already remarked that people here are very friendly, still i wait some time before asking the most studpid, most often repeated questions.
meanwhile i travel around, just wondering how somebody manages to get to ishad n?ha or other famous places.
one technical question is possibly allowed: how can i manage to open a brandnew game, without un - and reinstalling the game? i found no way.
thanks
megan row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 11:25 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, megan! May you find life in the Gael Serran to be full of friendly and helpful critters, just like here in the forums.

And actually, the most common question is how to get into the crypt. You can't get to Ishad N'ha until you do that, because there's one key item you need. Ask away if you want more spoilers on that. [img]smile.gif[/img]

For your actual question, you need to reset adventures to start a new game. If you go into the game options (little computer button on the bottom left), there's an option to reset adventures. Click that, and your characters will be back at the start, with all the equipment and weapons they had before, but less any quest items you may have uncovered.

When you reset, you can use the same characters as before, or you can create some new ones.

Enjoy! And welcome aboard [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 02:34 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, megan row!!!

There are no stupid questions! I don't know of any real gamer who hasn't at one time or another struggled with something that later seemed simple. It always takes a while to get used to a new game. Things like semi-hidden levers become obvious once you've learned to look for them. So feel free to ask what ever you need to ask! We're friendly and helpful here!

W&W tends to be very linear in some respects. The game is divided into three major sections and you cannot easily go from one to another without first completing certain quests/tasks. Ishad N'hahahaha is not accessable until you've completed the "need to do"s in the crypt. Guild quests do tend to direct your actions but there is still a lot of flexibility over all.

Bungleau (with a new avatar) has explained the reset button (a valuable tool!).

If you have any other question, please come back and ask! And visit us anyways just to tell us how your game is going!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 03:07 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You noticed, Wyv [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm so pleased...

And if you'll excuse me, I'll get back to my knitting. These socks seem to be getting longer every time I look at them
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 03:18 PM   #5
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Welcome to IW! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

If it bothers you to ask what you think is a stupid question, then do a search using the search option. But there really is no stupid question, so don't worry [img]smile.gif[/img] .

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 05:21 PM   #6
MorgyDaMaus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My Father once said:

" The stupidist question to ask, is the question you never ask" which means, there is never a stupid question to ask.

Morgy
MorgyDaMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 06:02 PM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board, Megan Row. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I also found problems starting a game all over. It took me quite a while to figure out how. The game developers could have made that a bit more obvious. [img]smile.gif[/img] Bungleau should have given you the answer. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2004, 07:18 AM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

Welcome to the board megan. [img]smile.gif[/img] As Wyv said, there are absolutely no stupid questions. Enjoy your stay and do not be afraid to ask for help. [img]smile.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 08:50 AM   #9
megan row
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks to you all. i really enjoy playing. apart from some ugly creatures sliming on the ground the enemies are beatable. i have attained the crypt and come to the rooms with the tombs, no coffins. looks like i have to choose some path but as any object is missing, i cannot.
sure i shall use the "search" option but sometimes there are to many (or too much? my english, oh my english) answers.
greetings from mr (level 4
megan row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 10:28 AM   #10
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Since you already seem to be acquainted with this wonderful forum you will probably have noticed how eager we are ton link to the Volberding Site. This I will also do in this case because you most certainly find the solution to your problem there. [img]smile.gif[/img] I cannot quite tell from your description where in the crypt you are, but it sounds like it has something to do with the wizard/warrior paths. Anyway let us know more about the problem. In this part of the crypt there are plenty of spoilers and cheats to help you. [img]smile.gif[/img]