Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2005, 12:46 AM   #1
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

regarding emma moonblade's quest, is it worthwile to kill emma and keep the sword. how much better is it to use it over the scimitar+1 given by the druids in the previous map (a couple- i think dalene is the name of the wife. both husband and wife need to be resued from the broken tusk clan)?

what if we keep it just to sell it later. i think it costs quite a bit of money at that stage (2500 gp if i'm not wrong)!

or is the sword more effective if i have a cleric of selune since the sword is of selune too(i'm currently having a dreadmaster)?
Either learn or leave
Serak Moonblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:18 AM   #2
Aerich
Lord Ao

*Spoiler*
If you talk to her with a paladin after retrieving the sword, she offers it to you as a reward.
*End spoiler*

It's significantly better than the scimitar +1. It does magic damage and is also a higher enchantment (+4) - so it is unaffected by certain creatures that have damage resistance against +1 weapons. It also does double damage to undead. However, it does not apply strength bonuses to damage rolls.

As far as I know, it is no more effective if you have a cleric of selune. Any character capable of using longswords can use it to good effect.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:09 AM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

All you have to do is be of any good alignment, and say "No reward is necessary" when giving the sword back. Oh, and if you're evil, you don't have to kill her. Ever considered just leaving with the sword? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2005, 05:42 AM   #4
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

I often wondered when I did that quest. Is that one of thee Moonblades? Like the one Xan has in BGI?

I thought that only elves who were chosen ones could wield the blade? I mean, she could be a chosen one able to wield the blade, but suddenly you and your entire party can wield it, even if your evil? Heheh, sorry im just being pedantic. I just thought it was alittle strange thats all.

--Kestrel--
Old 01-28-2005, 01:01 PM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kestrel Daystar:
I often wondered when I did that quest. Is that one of thee Moonblades? Like the one Xan has in BGI?

I thought that only elves who were chosen ones could wield the blade? I mean, she could be a chosen one able to wield the blade, but suddenly you and your entire party can wield it, even if your evil? Heheh, sorry im just being pedantic. I just thought it was alittle strange thats all.

--Kestrel--
Then this one is just a cheap copy... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2005, 06:25 AM   #6
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

thanks for the responses.

Aerich: well i returned the sword using my fighter and so maybe thats why i didn't get it offered back to me. my fighter being of neutral alignment got some gold instead. i'm prepared to settle for it this time considering that there will definitely be a more powerful sword for my paladin (she and my drow mage are the only sword swingers). i thiought that making my paladin return it would not get me any reward. silly me! i should have known that rewards can be in kind too and not only in cash.

BoB: i considered leaving without telling her but didn't do so for two reasons.
1- i thought she could have a part to play later in the game and so didn't want to lose a potential ally. perhaps returning the blade might have started of another thread. unfortunately it didn't.
2- i wanted to complete the quest and get experience. i have 1 pure wizard and have just multiclassed my rogue to a wizard too. so far i've relied almost purely on armed weapons evenas i took out the horde castle and guthma. but i want to slowly shift focus and begin touse my wizards too. thus i thought that experience gets more importance over one weapon which would probably have to be sold soon. i'm currently using the sword with my name inscribed on which was available at the gallaway depot hoping that perhaps i might be able to upgrade it later.

one drawback that i see, at least short-term, is that it took me about a full two minutes to kill the werewolf before entering andora.

anyway no matter. i'llcosider these options when i play the game from scratch next time.

thanks guys!
Either learn or leave
Serak Moonblade is offline   Reply With Quote