Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2004, 03:16 PM   #1
Cerise
Dungeon Master

I wonder if anyone out there knows why! I am only in Chapter One but my characters can no longer level up - they seem to be stuck at 2nd level!

You go to the page hit the level up button it shows you the hit points etc for the new level but wont let me press the accept button.

I went in search of the interplay site, but it appears to be not working right now! I read that a lot of the bugs are rectified if you install the expansion of HOW so did that and still no joy!
Old 06-27-2004, 03:30 PM   #2
Aerich
Lord Ao

I suspect part of your problem may be unfamiliarity with the levelling option. (No shame; I got crushed by the goblins outside of Easthaven multiple times until I read the manual and found the pause option [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Sometimes you get other options besides just "accept" when you level up. Thieves have to allot skill points to pick pockets, detect traps, etc., and all classes will eventually get the option to pick more weapon proficiencies. Until you do, the accept button is greyed out.

Try looking at the thief skills and weapon skills sections of the level-up screen. I'm betting it will show skill points and/or additional weapon proficiencies (warriors at level 3). If you have additional points to use before levelling, they are lettered in yellow, and are placed in the same spot as they are when you create the character.

I've not encountered a levelling bug, so if the above solution doesn't work, we'll have to see if anyone else has found such a problem.

Let me know if this solves your problem.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:43 PM   #3
Cerise
Dungeon Master

I just ran off to the game and have to admit that I have had an attack of the killer bimbos!
I didnt spot the weapons slot that had appeared and they wanted me to allocate!

*LOL* as for the goblins I got a bloody nose - I set it up to auto pause on attack to give me time to form an adequate defense!

I shall crawl back under my stone now!
Old 06-27-2004, 10:10 PM   #4
Aerich
Lord Ao

No worries, that's what this forum is for; answering questions. The really tough ones and the ones you look back on and say "D'oh!"

Feel free to post any other questions you have; tactics, game problems, whatever. No question is stupid.