Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-07-2004, 09:31 AM   #31
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Hrmm.. should I? Yes... yes I should.

Ok, I'll share. It was early-ish last year. I was out with my "straight" school mates at a local club called 'Carmens' at around 10pm... when all of a sudden I got a phone call off of one of my (then few) gay mates. He practically BEGGED me to go out that night, and being fairly new to the scene I agreed wholeheartedly. I made up some strange lie to my best friend Rachel, saying that the phone call was actually my sister saying that there was an emergency at home and I had to leave.

There lies my first mistake.

Well, suffice to say that me and my mate Beau had a HUGE night. We hit at least 5 different venues, when finally the gay bar we ended up at closed at 5am. So what did we do? We moved on to a day bar, one which we had both been given free entry tickets too (basically because we were young, attractive blonde gay boys, and the club wanted other old men to follow us in and waste money on us). After drinking COPIOUS amounts of alcohol, and several games of pool.... we left around lunch time. Oh my god how my eyes hurt seeing sunlight for the first time in about 14 hours. We stumbled to the nearest starbucks, ordered a coffee, when beau decided it would be a brilliant idea to go for a sleep in Hyde Park (dodgiest park in Sydney I reckon). I think I agreed, trouble is, I never made it. I passed out right then and there on a table and chairs at starbucks.

Movin on. I regain conciousness to find myself walking down a street COMPLETELY disoriented screaming into my phone at my sister saying "THERE EFFING EVERYWHERE, AND THEY WONT GET OUT OF MY WAY". Turns out I was in chinatown, and being about 1pm, everyone was out for lunch LOL. I then camped out in a Gazebo for a while, when my sister rang me saying that she would be there in about 20 minutes.

At that time, i was all "super dooper! I'm getting a lift home, how cool!"

Turns out I had rung my sister, mother, boyfriend at the time, best friend rachel in TEARS, and they had all come looking for me. After I failed to come home from my local night out at Carmens, my mother rang Rachel, whom then said "i thought he went home with Alyson (sister) last night?". They then panicked, called me, and then my sister had at least 4 conversations on the phone which to THIS day I still cannot remember what was said. Basically, I was up the Sh!t with both my parents, and me and Beau had a bit of a falling out over what happened..

I had a blackout of 3 or 4 hours of the night where I had absolutely no idea what happened. When my bf found me I just sobbed in his arms for like 20 mins in the middle of chinatown.. I was that upset and wasted.

The theory was I was drugged, and I was so scared I went to the doctor during the week to have a HIV test. I have never been so scared in my life.

Funnily enough, I still get drunk several times a month. You'd think I'd learn, ja?

Sorry, that post was faaar longer than I thought it would be. Hope it entertained, or at least enlightened all of you

Edit: Just to let you know that the STD test came back all good.

[ 12-07-2004, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Dave_the_quack ]
Old 12-07-2004, 10:03 AM   #32
Chris of the Dale
The Magister

Bad experiences with alcomahol? Well, I once drank a 40 ouncer of rye in 15 minutes and got alcohol poisoning. The worst part was it started my stomach ulcer back up and I was puking up alot of blood. I never did go to the hospital as in my drunken state I refused to go. I don't remember much of that night, just waking up the next morning in new sheets and I couldn't move. I was like that for 2 days. Thats not the worst part though. I missed my frosh party! .
Old 12-07-2004, 11:30 AM   #33
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
Lady Sedai
One started out with me closing the shop I was working at and going next door waiting for my friend to finish closing with her boss (he ran a video store and it took them about an hour longer than me to count the money, etc.).

We started out drinking coolers in the back room while counting the money....
This could so much be a scene straight from the movie Clerks... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2004, 11:33 AM   #34
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
quote:

Lady Sedai
One started out with me closing the shop I was working at and going next door waiting for my friend to finish closing with her boss (he ran a video store and it took them about an hour longer than me to count the money, etc.).

We started out drinking coolers in the back room while counting the money....
This could so much be a scene straight from the movie Clerks... [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]LOL! You know...you're right. I loved that movie, too, but never drew the conclusion.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:01 PM   #35
philip
Galvatron

I didn't do much stupid things when I was drunk. Worst would be drinking too many different things and ending up throwing up.

Friends though Drinking a bottle of some liquor before the party together with beer. Drinking beer at the party. Throwing up over his smoking and getting his father called out of bed. And now the best thing, leaving the party (he had to go through all of the building which happened to be a Hilton hotel) with someone holding a bucket under his nose and 2 supporting him while he turned completely green and could barely walk.

Another one put a bicycle on the roof of our hockey club's building. He couldn't put his empty beer bottle back in a crate and his eyes were completely red and then he found it was a good idea to follow the bicycle. So he tried climbing up the building but fell off from like 2-3 meter on his back.

Having your hair completely shaven off next morning. Now I have to be careful saturday
Old 12-07-2004, 05:49 PM   #36
quietman1920

Unfortunately, I've had some bad run-ins with alcohol, but you can learn a lot from mistakes. Like, I learned not to take the bet when someone bets you $10 that you can't chug a bottle of Champagne on NYE.

I learned that It only takes getting sick on Southern comfort once to make your body reject it for the rest of your life.

I learned that 'shot-guns' of beer are less fun than they seem.

I learned that when following the directions from Mr Boston's (a drink recipe book), serving size matters. Specifically, whats supposed to be served in a 3 oz glass shouldn't be quintipled and served in a Hurricane glass with crushed ice.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:19 PM   #37
Aerich
Lord Ao

Eh, mine's a bit tame. The one and only time I've played drinking games, which was the one and only time I haven't been able to hold my liquor. 'Twas nasty.

I've always been a moderate drinker (especially in company I don't know), but I took a vacation from that just this once.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:57 PM   #38
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

22 20oz. draft beers in five hours - followed by two large pizzas.

'nuf said.

[ 12-07-2004, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Sir Krustin ]
Old 12-08-2004, 09:50 PM   #39
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Rataxes:
Thought it'd be "fun" and educational to share our worst experiences with alcohol,...
Not having any.

Just kidding. [img]tongue.gif[/img]