Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2001, 07:38 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

HI everyone! Cloudy here! I am starting this thread because I see a lot of strife and frustration out there and I was hoping it would be a way of bringing our community together. A way for us to know each other better and maybe feel better while we have a little interaction. Oh.. and if one member has been mentioned, try to expand with another you know... if you can!

Simply put, let's break the ice! I see posts from lots of people I hardly know and I'd like to get to know you better. So here we go... please post a little something about yourself, something you'd like us all to know, anything at all! Then post a line or two telling us one thing you know about another IW member.
This is not a popularity contest nor should what you say be a flame or insult. Try to keep to one or two, if you can, but please everyone if you find a chat coming on from this, by all means.. TALK!

I'll start:

I was born in Honolulu Hawaii but never saw it as my folks were transfered to the mainland 6 wks later. (Dad was in the Air Force). I really like getting to know people and enjoy a good chat.. but you all know that! I adore cats and am fond of most things with hazelnuts. How's that for eclectic!?

I know that Sazerac has a recipe for cooking a chicken in a coffee can.
Onthepequod has a darling baby boy and Nachtrafe is a professional chef.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 10-09-2001).]
Old 10-09-2001, 07:44 PM   #2
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Nice idea Cloudy! Ok, I have short brown hair with red bits in, and my dad is Polish. I have three cats, none of which belong to me, and a garden with a lilac tree and a sycamore tree, growing together. I'm an artist and writer, and have just finished my best EVER painting which I'm very very pleased and happy about. And I know that............... Fljotsdale has an upstairs toilet, Tracey is the middle one of three siblings, and Dio likes bears....... Next!!

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 10-09-2001).]
Old 10-09-2001, 07:49 PM   #3
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i suppose i will be expected to tell about myself as well? very well...

alright, i was born in Kennedy, Texas, but we moved to Crapland of Sallisaw, Oklahoma when i was but 1 year old. i have lived here ever since. i am 14, have a mop of dark brown hair on my forehead with dark brown eyes in my sockets. i love to rp, i hate school (where i am in the 8th grade), and i hate to be bored. i would be royalty, or very nearly, if it were not for a simple twist of fate a few centuries ago when my ancestor from Britan left the dukedom to avoid serving in a war of some sort. but here i am, healthy and compotent at least, writing my novel and enjoying the boards!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-09-2001, 07:52 PM   #4
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
i suppose i will be expected to tell about myself as well? very well...

alright, i was born in Kennedy, Texas, but we moved to Crapland of Sallisaw, Oklahoma when i was but 1 year old. i have lived here ever since. i am 14, have a mop of dark brown hair on my forehead with dark brown eyes in my sockets. i love to rp, i hate school (where i am in the 8th grade), and i hate to be bored. i would be royalty, or very nearly, if it were not for a simple twist of fate a few centuries ago when my ancestor from Britan left the dukedom to avoid serving in a war of some sort. but here i am, healthy and compotent at least, writing my novel and enjoying the boards!

Only 14? Wow, Seph, I had you down as older......

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-09-2001, 07:55 PM   #5
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Only 14? Wow, Seph, I had you down as older......

well, thank you! i tend to rub off on people as much older... i think many of the adolescants here do.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-09-2001, 07:56 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hi, Cloudy!

This is a great idea. If people get to know each other better, they may be a lot more prone to think of them as friends and not as "combatants" within a thread.

My online handle is "Sazerac" as many of you already know. Normally I'm fairly happy-go-lucky, but I've had a run of stress lately, as I think a lot of people have had. I live in North Texas, which is halfway between the piney woods of the South and the great plains (actually, we're just on the edge of the plains). I love nature, being outdoors, talking with others, playing games (duh), and reading (all kinds of literature).

The recipe that Cloudy is referring to is called "Coffee Can Chicken", and I'll reproduce it here for those of you who may be interested in it. It's great for at home (outdoors) or on a camping trip.

Coffee Can Chicken

Ingredients
For the cooker: 1 large coffee can (jumbo-sized, Folgers or Maxwell House, for example)
1 large nail
Charcoal Briquets

1 medium-sized chicken (fryer)
1/2 stick butter
Cavender's Greek Seasoning (TM)
Heavy Aluminum Foil

PRE-PREP

With the nail, punch 3 holes in the sides of the coffee can, about 1 inch from the bottom of the can, equally spaced around it. Layer the bottom of the coffee can with a few charcoal briquets (8-10 should do, or a couple more if desired, depending on the size of the can). Light them and let them turn white.

Meanwhile, prepare the chicken by removing the innards (make sure to check! They're usually in a package inside the cavity), washing it thoroughly, then rubbing it all over with butter (for self-basting). Cover liberally with the Cavender's Greek Seasoning. That's really the magic touch. Lift up the skin of the chicken and get the seasoning underneath as well as best as you can. Then wrap the chicken thoroughly in aluminum foil, tightly, and stick it, legs upward, into the coffee can.

Go away for 210 minutes (3 1/2 hours).

After chicken is cooked, remove it from the coffee can and unwrap the foil. Serve however you like. All the juices should be intact, and the meat should be tender enough to fall from the bone.

Enjoy!

------------------
Old 10-09-2001, 07:56 PM   #7
Lioness
Jack Burton

Ok, I amn 13, I like baseball, reding, RPG's, Ironworks , and just hanging out. I have dark blond hair, not red. and blue-green eyes. YOu can find out all about me from my sig, but basically I love stuff about the Middle Ages and Faerun.

I know that Sephiroth hates where he lives, Moni has lotsa cats. and Lavindathar just started college(he's 16!)

------------------

Lil' Angel
Sword Saint and Enchantress of the HADB Clan
The Lady Lioness of Castle Kerhelm
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe and the Promised Land
Official Restrainer of Table Dancers
PeaceKeeping Force, Intelligence Division
Old 10-09-2001, 07:59 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Good thread Cloudy!

Umm, OKayyy, I grew up in a very small town in Virginia, nothing but farms and country stores and everybody knew everybody, etc. Used to love climbing trees as a kid. Am an only child. Live in the city now, don't really like the environment, conveniences are nice, but I miss the trees and the birds. I love rpgs (of course) and have a collection of lead dragons (they come in pieces that you have to glue, and then prime and paint), but they seem to be fading out from hobby stores lately. I'm no good at drawing type painting, but I do love to add color to things bare And I love dragons, cause you can paint them any colors you wish!!!

Umm, Lord of Alcohol just bought a new truck (round of applause please!)
Bilqis loves the computer game Mankind
Draconia owns a donkey AND a horse

------------------
Old 10-09-2001, 08:02 PM   #9
G'kar

Hey ya'll! My name is Scott. I was born in kentucky, moved around alot and now I'm settled in Boston. I live with a wonderful woman, and we have two wonderful cats! I love roleplaying and storytelling, in real life and on the computer.
Studying religion, spiritualty, and philosphy is a life long pursuit for me as well, if you hadnt already noticed . I craft art on the computer using photoshop and bryce 3d, though none of my work is worthy for public consumption...yet.
And for the others in this community... Hmmm, I cant really be specific as to RL things in general but...
I know lioness has a gift for writing, cloudy is a rolemodel for friendlyness, Tiamat (formerly gwhanos) is not someone to face in a roleplay unless your ready to let him win and, oh yeah this is RL fact( i think).. Diogenes is a prosecuter, which probably helps make him such a good arguer. Cheers!

Old 10-09-2001, 08:08 PM   #10
Absynthe

Alrighty then... I grew up on an island in Washington State, love computer games, esp. rpg's, read voraciously, hike, and am owned by nine cats. Currently live in Snohomish, a small hamlet, (which is rapidly growing into a sizable omelette), I enjoy really bad puns and going to school. As of now, I may be the most corrupt individual posting to IW.

------------------

Perversion is the true spice of life: Variety is just part of a healthy diet.