Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-25-2002, 08:16 AM   #11
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Arfie..

There is a fix, for this..it's a very common problem with Win 2K and XP.

Go here Xignals site, and click on Windows XP problems...(the fix is the same for Window 2000)...Look at the first topic on the chart and follow the directions, for 'Virtualdub'.

If you don't understand the directions....let us know. There is a better discription of how to use it....Some where in these posts...

Oooops...I had the wrong one.....this is the right link.

[ 08-25-2002, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Packrat ]
Old 08-25-2002, 08:30 AM   #12
WillowIX
Apophis

You have the same reply in your PM. And instructions can be found on page 6 in the best tip thread (11th post from the top).
Old 08-25-2002, 08:41 AM   #13
Arfie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeeehaaa
It worked with the virtualdub thing
Now i can reach the mage guild

Might as well restart my characters
hmm maybe just turn my warrior into a barbarian and reset game
Arfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 08:51 AM   #14
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yay.... [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Glad to hear it.. ..Let the fun begin!!!!

Thats one good thing about problems...Once they're gone...The game is better...Even though it's the same.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:56 AM   #15
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Arfie,
If you take the barbarian role too early you may miss out on some quests in the guilds that you are not a member of.
You need to be a barbarian for quite a while to take advantage of the extra hitpoints. It is a good idea to go through different roles to obtain all the guild memberships. I have made that mistake in my current game & I will never get level 7 memberships in some guilds. I take about 11 levels to get all the spells in a role then change.
I have a brilliant new wizard that will be a level 7 guild member in all guilds & already has level 7 spells in 5 out of 6 schools but my other charactors were made barbarians too early & missed out on some quests.
I will try & fix this on my 3rd game.
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 08:59 AM   #16
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

By the way. My brilliant new wizard is Loumistro. He is stuck in the Gael Serran with my party, that is why he is not able to post on this forum at the moment.
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 09:34 PM   #17
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm curious, Kev... what quests did you miss out on? I can't think of any, really, unless you weren't part of those guilds at that time. But since you can be a member of each guild fairly quickly (at least if you change your mind), I don't see that as an issue... unless the "C" word is about to pop up again *looks around for Packrat...*
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote