Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-25-2005, 03:08 AM   #41
a_decent_1
Banned User

Hey Oz,

Why don't u rent a place in boston and search if there are any Rental Houses available .. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ok jokes apart, Are u going alone? No frnz?

[ 05-25-2005, 03:09 AM: Message edited by: a_decent_1 ]
a_decent_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 04:27 AM   #42
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
BTW I've found from my trip to the US that the changeovers are a bit shorter if you go Sydney to San Fran. If you can get a connection to Boston from there.
Not sure if you can via Qantas.

Worst I had was going from Sydney to New York a few years ago - I gave myself 1 1/2 hours to clear customs in LAX, pick up my bag and go from the international to domestic terminals to catch my connecting flight to New York. What happened was that I got held up in customs and immigration and missed my flight by 3 mins. I had to then go to Chicago, then Detroit, then NY. I got into JFK well after midnight. My bag was the only one there.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 04:31 AM   #43
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by a_decent_1:
Hey Oz,

Why don't u rent a place in boston and search if there are any Rental Houses available .. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ok jokes apart, Are u going alone? No frnz?
Yes, will be going alone mate. My gf might come down from Toronto to help, depending on whether she's free (and actually in the country) when I come down. My dad might come for a visit, that would actually help...he's been to Boston a few times...

Old 05-25-2005, 08:12 AM   #44
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
With respect to sports, I'm going to have to find some social cricket or rugby team to play with on the weekends, eh. Something I'm good at that they're not good at.
Seeing as you bought up the topic of sport we cross now to extra time in the state of Origin :

Mwahahahahhahaha - TRY [img]smile.gif[/img] take that you nasty cockroach

QUEENSLANDER [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2005, 08:21 AM   #45
Lady Sedai
Banned User

As to whether or not you can find a place to rent in three weeks, as long as you have decent credit it should be no problem. You may not find the "perfect" place in that amount of time, but it'll get you out of the hotel at least. (I'm assuming you'll be staying in a hotel until you find a place to rent, yes?)

Also keep in mind if bringing Mikka that you'll either a) have to make sure the hotel you stay in will accept her for your brief stay or b) smuggle her in. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'd go with checking on option "a)" though, or you might arrive to find they refuse you entry.
Lady Sedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:28 AM   #46
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I blame Kimmorley. What a goose. Can't pass, can't kick, can't do anything.

Put me in at halfback for the next game. I reckon I'd do a better job.

Old 05-25-2005, 08:33 AM   #47
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Sedai:
As to whether or not you can find a place to rent in three weeks, as long as you have decent credit it should be no problem. You may not find the "perfect" place in that amount of time, but it'll get you out of the hotel at least. (I'm assuming you'll be staying in a hotel until you find a place to rent, yes?)

Also keep in mind if bringing Mikka that you'll either a) have to make sure the hotel you stay in will accept her for your brief stay or b) smuggle her in. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'd go with checking on option "a)" though, or you might arrive to find they refuse you entry.
LS, are there any minimum contracts from a rent point of view? Do I need to sign in 6 or 12 mth increments? Or can I go on a month to month or a 3-mth thing? Though I'd rather not having to keep moving, it's a bit of a nightmare...particularly in winter...

Old 05-25-2005, 09:42 AM   #48
quietman1920

Now remember: half of Wellard said is true. Once you live in tthe US, you're a Yank. And to be a True Yankee (and to impress your neighbors) you need to get certain pronunciations right.

At some time at your new home, you may see someone walk by with a hat that says "Boston Red Sox". Now, should that name ever come up in conversation, its very important that its actually pronounced: "Boston Red Sux". The look of surprise when they hear you pronounce it correctly will make the trouble all worth while. Stick with me, kid, and we'll make a Yankee out of you yet.

Old 05-25-2005, 12:04 PM   #49
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Sedai:

LS, are there any minimum contracts from a rent point of view? Do I need to sign in 6 or 12 mth increments? Or can I go on a month to month or a 3-mth thing? Though I'd rather not having to keep moving, it's a bit of a nightmare...particularly in winter... [/QUOTE]I hate to do this to you again, LOL, but it's going to be mostly up to the landlord. If you rent an apartment, *most* are going to require a 6 month or 12 month lease. BUT, if you can find a sublet or a less "mainstream" apartment (or even a house for rent) you may be able to set your lease terms more amenable to your needs/desires. I'd just ask each place you are interested in what they require for a lease. If you like a particular place but they normally require a longer lease than you want, you may still be able to negotiate a month-to-month or a 3-month lease simply telling them you don't know how convenient the location will be and you'd like an option of not "settling in" completely until you see how things go. *Most* people are reasonable and would rather have a paying renter in there even if they have to agree to month-to-month instead of something longer.

Found these googling, hope it helps. If you need more, let me know and again...if you need some phone calls made, let me know. Costs me nothing on my cell and I'm happy to do it.

For Rent in Boston

Sublets in Boston Area
Lady Sedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 12:28 PM   #50
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by quietman1920:
Now remember: half of Wellard said is true. Once you live in tthe US, you're a Yank. And to be a True Yankee (and to impress your neighbors) you need to get certain pronunciations right.

At some time at your new home, you may see someone walk by with a hat that says "Boston Red Sox". Now, should that name ever come up in conversation, its very important that its actually pronounced: "Boston Red Sux". The look of surprise when they hear you pronounce it correctly will make the trouble all worth while. Stick with me, kid, and we'll make a Yankee out of you yet.

Quietman, I *am* a Yank - I've got US citizenship mate. Just so happens I've got OZ citizenship too. And I'm pretty sure if I say "pahk the cah in hahvahd yahd" I'll be right (Bostonians sound like a really dodgy form of northern Pom) I don't think I'll be using the words "Boston" and "Sux" in the same statement - unless I'm visiting friends in New York, in which case that's a given!