Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2001, 12:45 PM   #1
ianbkwan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i just beat kangaxx, and edwin leveled up after the batttle. problem is, when i level him up, his proficiencies available then show -3 and i cannot accept his level up and have to cancel it. if it helps, i have screwed around some with shadowkeeper about two game days ago, adding to his weapon proficiencies. also, edwin has recently been "sex-changed", shortly before the kangaxx fight. thats all, the changes on edwin's character, i didn't add spells, etc..
Old 07-15-2001, 01:23 PM   #2
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Has he reached his experience cap? If so he will no longer level up until you use a cap remover. XP is stored by the way, so even if you carry on fighting with the cap in place upon removal all the gained XP will be awarded to him.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-15-2001, 01:52 PM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

If you added proficiencies for Edwin, then the number of proficiencies that he currently has is greater than the number he should have, hence the "-3", because the game is trying to put him to the correct number. Make sense? In short, go back and reduce his proficiencies a little.

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....
Old 07-16-2001, 09:20 AM   #4
ianbkwan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

caven sniffer, no, he hasn't yet reached his experience cap, and besides, i disabled the experience cap with an experience cap remover. azred, how come i did not have any problems with my main character, or any other character for that matter, who also have excess weapon proficiencies? anyway, i'll try your suggestion, k?
Old 07-16-2001, 10:16 AM   #5
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Can't help you then dude. The game does funny things sometimes, my Bard hit level 24 and on level up it said lore (minus)- 230 leaving a high level Bard with a lore of 10 or so. Never did figure it out and couldn't find a way to sort it with S.K either. Anyhow, I dunno if it could be sex change related, I wouldn't have thought so. You didn't mess with his/her XP in S.K did you? Although, again, I'm not sure that should matter. Why not load a game pre the S.K changes you made, award him sufficient XP to lvl up but touch nothing else and see if he/she levels ok this time. At least it will tell you if your previous S.K changes may have affected something.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-20-2001, 03:35 PM   #6
ianbkwan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

looks like you're right, azred, i went back to a save game than had edwin untouched, and he seems to be okay now and can level up. ,aybe the proficiency bug works only on mages?