Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-07-2005, 04:16 AM   #1
Paulos66
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can sombody help with this???
I've managed to lose a "clan invitation" which means one of my guys cant finish the guild quest or go on to the next ones
Is there a way to get another? (I've been to all the shops in the first 2 towns and I've not sold it by accident)
Old 02-07-2005, 06:23 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

That's bad. Perhaps, hacking gurus there will be able to cheat the invitation back but I am not a hacking guru.

Anyway, you have two theoretical possibilities of recovering the invitation "legally".

(1) The invitation never vanishes. Therefore, cast Spirit Eye and investigate all "white dots" on your map. That means, do not explore new areas and check only areas where you have already been with the invitation (including the dungeons). If the invitation is somewhere, then you should find it.

(2) If you have more invitations, then try to steal the invitation from the guard after giving it to him and use it again with another quest owning character. I've never tried it so that I don't know, whether it is possible.

As far as vanishing quest items are concerned in general, do not forget two things:

(1) Stealing creatures (all ratlings, raiders, higher level trolls and several others) can steal everything unequipped, including quest items or such items like the Signet Ring or even the Mavin Sword. When they die they always drop the stolen items (except money!) so that you can get them back. Always check what was dropped by stealing creatures! If you have special items in your inventory (keys, quest items, etc.) then always check your inventory after a fight against stealing creatures, whether the special items are still there!

(2) The town bug: If you pass items from one character to another in a town or in a town building (inn, pub, guild, etc.) then always open the new owner's inventory! Due to a bug in the game, the changes made in the inventory in a town aren't "stable" until the inventory isn't diplayed. Therefore, the old owner will always "lose" the passed item (because his inventory is diplayed currently so that the change is stable) but the new owner need not be aware of getting the item until you display his inventory. If you put such character into the inn and get him back, then the item is lost.
Note: This cannot happen outside towns and town buildings. Passing items outside towns is safe.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:28 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Paulos66!!!

Radek's given you excellent advice and hopefully you'll be able to find the missing invitation or steal one from the guards.

Another option would be to hack an invitation. And then there is the item duplication bug in shops - but I've never done that one myself and can't say how safe and effective it may be.

You also can choose to just skip this particular quest for one of your characters. You should still be able to raise them to top guild level by the end of the game.

Other option is to reload an older save in which the invitation was not lost and replay that section of the game. Sometimes it doesn't appear to be worth while backtracking a considerable amount of time/exploration but I've found that replaying a section can sometimes be very rewarding.

Let us know what you decide to do!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:32 AM   #4
Paulos66
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks you two guys, I'm gonna try stealing from the guard as Ive tried all the white dots, if not I'll try a hack (I hav'nt got another invitation to duplicate)
Old 02-07-2005, 09:07 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Paulos66! May your adventures in the Gael Serran set the cause of evil back another thousand years...

You might also be able to buy it back from the guard. I don't remember if it comes up in his list, but there are at least four other occasions where you can buy back a quest item. And one of them lets you complete the quest multiple times [img]smile.gif[/img]

It's also not really critical to complete. The big thing that it gives you is level 5 in the warriors guild (assuming you've completed all the quests in Valeia), which unlocks several neat high-class traits (fletchery, stunning blow, crusade, just to name a couple. Hope I'm right [img]smile.gif[/img] ). You can still get to level 5 in the guild in the next city.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:44 AM   #6
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board, Paulos. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Nice to have you with us. [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you have the patience you can create a completely new character, have him or her join the warrior guild and complete the Ishad N'ha quests until it is time to get the invitation quest. Then you will have the invitation and be able to do the trick of delivering and stealing it back as many times as required. You can then discard your new character again.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:45 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

Right. Level 5 is the highest "essential" level for the Warrior's Guild. Level 6 gives you only the Oath of Swords trait, which isn't especially useful, and level 7 gives you nothing, like in all other guilds. You can gain level 5 immediately after entering Brimloch Roon by completing a really simple quest [img]smile.gif[/img]

Note: Crusade - only in the Temple and only for Paladins, level 5, Fletchery - only in the Warrior's Guild and only for Rangers, level 5, Stunning Blow - only in the Warrior's Guild and only for Barbarians, level 5.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:44 AM   #8
Paulos66
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks to all who offered help.I've stolen a invitation from the guard (trading did'nt work).
Cheers
Paulos
Old 02-07-2005, 12:20 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Glad to hear that you were able to get it back [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

If you're patient enough, you can steal enough silvery metal from Freyedies to equip everyone with a set of Dragon Plate...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 12:45 PM   #10
Paulos66
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'll try that (or kill him and get at least 2 sets from his personel rooms and vaults plus a load of other goodies [img]smile.gif[/img] )