Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-19-2005, 02:53 AM   #1
InKey
Welcomed New User

Hi
I got a really annoying thing. Every one of my warriors promised in Ishad N'ha to deliver a promise to the Guards in the Stout Mine Throne Room, to join the warriors guild (quest number 2). And I "vaguely" remember getting the letter. I also remember visiting the town inn around that time, I know I know, I didn't know your forum back then so how was I to know...

Anyway, I don't have that letter anymore. I have 3 letters , a writh to get in the stout mines, an assassin letter and a menu about monkeys. The Stout Guard don't accept these. I already have the dragon armour so 'they know me'.

Anyway, every time I enter the Armory I get yelled upon why I haven't delivered the letter, 3 times (3 warriors). Annoying. My party is of 6, creating a new person means reverting everything to Valeia and I don't know what the consequences are of that.

Is there a way around it, besides slaying Freyedies ?

InKey
InKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:56 AM   #2
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

Well i'm just letting u know... i'm not the most knowledgeable about this game. I didnt even know about the crystal colanth or the stout mine quest before i came to this forum.

Try the "Use" button on him and if that doesnt work try "Give".

Slaying Freyedies is actually quite a boon as he drops the treasury key so u would be able to access all 8 of the treasuries and the secret room near freyedies, and u get his hamma. Besides in his secret room is another 1 or 2 dragon plate's.

As this is a warrior guild quest it is not a necessity to completing the game so if u do have continuous trouble u could just bypass it.

That list with all the monkey names on it is a menu for the serpent temple priests and is completely useless.

A list of quests and their rewards are on Best Tips page 4 so u can c what you'll be missing out on if u do fail to convince the stout.

[ 01-19-2005, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: Pop 'n Fresh ]
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:20 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, InKey!!!

I forget if this is one of those quests that each individual can do or if having one character do it is good enough for all - I'm sure someone will answer that question before too long.

There are several possible solutions -

1) load a previous save prior to loosing the invitation(s). If you haven't learned to do multiple saves for your game, do so now. Having multiple saves can avoid a lot of grief or restarting (from the beginning) or resetting (from the last town visit). If you don't have such a save, consider one of the following possibilities:

2) have one of your characters who did not have this particular quest get the quest - this may involve having one of them join the warrior's guild in order to qualify. To join the warrior's guild you may have to have one of your non warrior characters pretend to take on a class change quest that would make them qualify for membership in the warrior's guild. You can cancel this class change quest after getting a new invitation. Give the invitation to one of your warriors who already had the quest and let them fulfill it. This may take care of all of the characters with the quest or not. Sorry to be fuzzy on that detail but someone will know and fill in that information.

3) hack the invitations into your inventory - I don't believe I have the code for the invitation but that wouldn't be too hard to find. Hacking items for this game isn't that difficult and (if you make certain that you backup your save game to a totally different directory on your machine) completely safe. There is another thread on this board in which I describe in detail the process of hacking items.

4) Forget about this quest. That does mean that you won't get the 3rd Ishad N'Ha warrior quest which is for Doshi Gin's Lamp but you will still be able to reach top guild ranking by successfully completing the 3 warrior quests from the Brimloch Roon armory.

Failure to deliver the invitation only prevents you from rising in guild ranking - has nothing to do with dealing with Freyedies. You don't need to kill him. The fact that you already have the Dragon Armor indicates that you've done what you really need to do in the Stout Mines and can move on to something else.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:28 AM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

As Pop'n'fresh stated, the menu is from the serpent temple. The assassin letter is dropped by the jade thiefs who kill Gorthius. None of these can be used.

All of your characters, who have undertaken the quest, will each have received a letter. All of them need to deliver them to one of the guards around the king's throne or in the treasury.

If you have visited the inn and left your characters there with the letters (or given the letters to mules) you may have fallen prey to the inn bug, due to which some items just disappear.

Also, if the inventory of your character was full when he or she undertook the quest, the letter will also have disappeared. With non-quest items they reappear in the shop's stock. I do not think that is the case here, but you might check if the armoury has a letter for sale.

If that is the case then reaload, hack or forget about it as stated by the others.

[ 01-19-2005, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 01-19-2005, 09:27 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You do have another option... take one of your other characters and allow them to join the warriors guild. Get the quest and then either buy or steal the invitation back from the guard. Give it to the next one, and repeat the process.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote