Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-17-2005, 09:09 PM   #1
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

After all the explanations you've given me about Tree surfing, i still cant get the hang of it. My first try was scaling the tree's in the graveyard outside the crypt. So i jumped on the fence to the entrance to the crypt walked across and started bouncing and HURRAY!!!!! I made it up but it was like there was an invisible wall and i just couldnt walk n e where. Also i left my character idling outside Valeia walls and i didnt get attacked. So i took no notice and started trying to tree surf except for i was doing it on Valeia gate. Neway i climbed up onto Valeia gate and jumped ova the other side to look for stuff and all i found was a large assortment of flies, trolls, rogues, and worgurs but mainly trolls.

Is the invisible wall always there when u Tree-Surf and do creatures spawn on random positions on the map or do they spawn within a certain radius around your party???

[ 01-17-2005, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: Pop 'n Fresh ]
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 09:32 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I've never heard of anyone tree surfing around Valeia!

I suspect that you did encounter invisible walls/boundaries. Most often when someone is trying tree surfing they're doing it in the Brimlock area and you sort of know that there is a barrier to the south and that you want to head west into the Lost Sea. I wonder if you will inspire others to go tree surfing in unexpected areas!

If a monster spawns in the forest and there is no character there to encounter them, do they exist?

I think monsters spawn in relation ship to your party.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 10:48 PM   #3
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

Well i guess i just like to get all the brown bits off of my map thats why a run up close to a wall and spin around as that reveals a large circle
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 08:23 AM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

They spawn close to your party. I have also jumped down on the other side of the Valeia trees and out of bounds in relation to the map. (Risky if one does not have the "vanish" og "call of home" spells). Monsters spawn out there just as regularly. Of course I did the Stackman trick on them: Petrified them and stacked them as a makeshift stairway back to the tree tops.

I have tried tree surfing the Valeia area to see if I could tree surf past the caves of Ishad N'ha. There I also encountered an invisible wall, so that, although it looked passable, the other side was actually impassable from the tree tops.

The same kind of invisible barrier I noticed when I was stacking my way to the top of Shurugeon Castle. After many tries I was, however, able to scale the barrier.

When one tree surfs the way to the top of the cave with the back entrance to the serpent temple, one is also stopped by a barrier just before one can reach the area directly above the cave. There is a glitch in the graphics so that one can look into the cave through the ceiling.

However, there is no barrier when one tree surfs the way to the top of the dragon spire.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:51 AM   #5
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Personally, I hate tree surfing & never do it.

Anything you want to get around by tree surfing can be done more quickly & more easily by Vanishing in this game.

Scan the Best Tips sticky for Vanishing advice as far as the critical moments are concerned.
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote