Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2003, 02:43 AM   #21
Grojlach
Zartan

Much better now for me as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2003, 03:08 AM   #22
Jan

Hmm? Seems like I was too fast with this comment "Everything is fine this morning".

A little slow sometimes + the server can't be found. Moments later everything seems okay again. Constantly switching from good to bad.

Old 07-08-2003, 07:15 AM   #23
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I know why it was so slow.. UGH! I had a stat program running for the last two days--to get an idea of how busy tgeweb is. It's actually not as busy as the forum! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think that, and the NWN server being packed did the slowdown. The stats program was just for those 2 days, to get an idea if the traffic.

It should be fine now, that program is now uninstalled. What I would LIKE to do is build another server for tgeweb. It's not really needed yet though.. I'll save away a few dollars each week, and I have some spare parts (Nic card) and a few other things.. but we should be fine now.

PS: Roadrunner DOES sometimes get slow (meaning it's not just me). a few days ago, I couldn't get to cnn.com, or any other large site. They make upgrades and stuff.

Here is their 'Service Status' page: Bookmark it for future ref:
http://www.mybrightbiz.com/helpcenter/networkstatus.asp

------
Every Monday from 3:00 AM to 6:00 AM System engineers perform scheduled maintenance during this time. Customers may experience flashing or no cable lights and be unable to connect to the internet. Maintenance performed during this time frame as to affect as few customers as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
------

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 07-08-2003, 08:49 AM   #24
MagiK

Things are starting to act all loopy again....hope ti doesnt last.
seeing weird error messages.....ahhh well at least I got a couple of posts in before it crapped out.

Old 07-08-2003, 08:53 AM   #25
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Things are starting to act all loopy again....hope ti doesnt last.
seeing weird error messages.....ahhh well at least I got a couple of posts in before it crapped out.
That tells me nothing. can you email me these 'weird errors' ? The system is running fine here, I see low activity. I could be your service you know.. The server and bandwidth is looking good here.

Let me know.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album