Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-25-2001, 10:33 PM   #1
Darlon
The Magister

I heard there is a lich in the unseeing eye hideout, if its true how do I kill it? I've already seen the power of the lich while risking my neck out to get the daystar.
Old 09-25-2001, 10:58 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Breach, pierce magic etc etc. Don't worry about its timestop, they always waste them with death spells and symbol fears etc. Just dispel its protections and hack away. Maybe improved haste or something, resist fear and true sight.

------------------

Goddess and Sorceress of the HADB, and her sidekick Pink
Old 09-26-2001, 03:21 AM   #3
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sometimes they cast meteor swarm and gate during the time stop period, so depending on your hitpoints, you might want to just run off and wait till the swarm is over (it will injure and annoy the pit fiend by the way).

Plus, if you dispel the protection on the lich in time before running off, the pit fiend will attack the lich in return for pounding it with molten lava
Old 09-26-2001, 04:07 AM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
Sometimes they cast meteor swarm and gate during the time stop period, so depending on your hitpoints, you might want to just run off and wait till the swarm is over (it will injure and annoy the pit fiend by the way).

Plus, if you dispel the protection on the lich in time before running off, the pit fiend will attack the lich in return for pounding it with molten lava
ROTLFMAO!!!

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-26-2001, 04:56 AM   #5
Skunk
Banned User

I didn't find that one a problem.
Just positioned everyone around where he appears and when he did,
Daystar Sunray +
wack + wack + wack with whatever you've got.
Didn't even lose a health point...
Old 09-26-2001, 09:15 AM   #6
Thrawn
The Magister

Every time i see a undead i think WOOT FOOD!!!!!!!!!! Then click on turn undeads then they all explode!

all i can say is its an riot to run though bodhi lair and watch all the undead explode
Old 09-26-2001, 10:07 AM   #7
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

lich won't explode, don't warry
BTW, I used the rift device on that lich.(I killed the Unseeing Eye without using the device).
Old 09-26-2001, 10:38 AM   #8
Lin Sivvi the Paladin
Dungeon Master

Just get Yoshimo to grab the sword and run!!!!
Of course, use stealth, but I don't think that works. If the lich detects you, lure him out of his lair, and run in, grab the sword and leave, fast.
Or use a load of Sunrays and Dispel Magic
Old 09-26-2001, 02:21 PM   #9
Gavin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just found this guy for the first time last night, what a surprise! You'd think a town of undead would vote a Lich to be their mayor! There I was, just having nuked the mayor and his cronies with a daystar spell, thinking I as walking in nice and easy into a treasure room, when boom! Out comes a lich and some mummies and the like!

Caught with my armoured pantaloons around my ankles, I hastily had Viconia fire up Repulse Undead and summmoned some nasties to fight the cannon fodder, while my main character (16 lvl Cavalier) and Korgan waded in to the lich.

Damn! He cast protection from magic weapons. Back off and fire in the pierce magic/remove protections spells.

Finally I can hit him again and wade in with the big guns (both wielding +4 two handed slaughter blades)

Looking over I see Viconia and the summoned cru are making short work of the cronies, that should be cleaned up soon..

WUMPA! The Lich switches to demi-lich mode, and simultaneously (contingency spell?) detonates a Horrid Wilting spell! Imoen goes down like cordwood, and my main character is taken to within a coupla points of ded. I run him off (he's sporting the very rapid healing regeneration ring on one fingy) while Korgan takes it to the b***turd.

A few seconds later this battle is all over, but not the way I planned. The lich manages to get off a damage spell on my main character before he can heal and he goes down.

SO. The biggest danger BY FAR was that Horrid Wilting spell that seemed to go off when his first form died, possibly a result of a contingency spell.

Tonight I'll be ready for the fight and will cast the repulse undead before the fight, and go in with daystar and false dawn ready to go, with mass protection from evil for everybody. And I'll remember to jump clear before his first form dies.

Gavin.
Old 09-26-2001, 02:22 PM   #10
Gavin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just found this guy for the first time last night, what a surprise! You'd think a town of undead would vote a Lich to be their mayor! There I was, just having nuked the mayor and his cronies with a daystar spell, thinking I as walking in nice and easy into a treasure room, when boom! Out comes a lich and some mummies and the like!

Caught with my armoured pantaloons around my ankles, I hastily had Viconia fire up Repulse Undead and summmoned some nasties to fight the cannon fodder, while my main character (16 lvl Cavalier) and Korgan waded in to the lich.

Damn! He cast protection from magic weapons. Back off and fire in the pierce magic/remove protections spells.

Finally I can hit him again and wade in with the big guns (both wielding +4 two handed slaughter blades)

Looking over I see Viconia and the summoned cru are making short work of the cronies, that should be cleaned up soon..

WUMPA! The Lich switches to demi-lich mode, and simultaneously (contingency spell?) detonates a Horrid Wilting spell! Imoen goes down like cordwood, and my main character is taken to within a coupla points of ded. I run him off (he's sporting the very rapid healing regeneration ring on one fingy) while Korgan takes it to the b***turd.

A few seconds later this battle is all over, but not the way I planned. The lich manages to get off a damage spell on my main character before he can heal and he goes down.

SO. The biggest danger BY FAR was that Horrid Wilting spell that seemed to go off when his first form died, possibly a result of a contingency spell.

Tonight I'll be ready for the fight and will cast the repulse undead before the fight, and go in with daystar and false dawn ready to go, with mass protection from evil for everybody. And I'll remember to jump clear before his first form dies.

Gavin.