Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-28-2001, 08:54 PM   #1
Montravant
Manshoon

Possible Spoiler question
Im having trouble with my solo Barbarian char, on beating Kangaxx. He seems to imprison my char eventhought he's on berserk. Im using Mace of Disruption +2 on him but it only does 5 or 4 dmg. What should I do???

P.S
My Barbarian is level 21
Old 11-28-2001, 08:57 PM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

quote:
Originally posted by Montravant:
Possible Spoiler question
Im having trouble with my solo Barbarian char, on beating Kangaxx. He seems to imprison my char eventhought he's on berserk. Im using Mace of Disruption +2 on him but it only does 5 or 4 dmg. What should I do???

P.S
My Barbarian is level 21

mace of disruption has an ability which will kill kangaxx outright. one hit kill. pray you get that kinda luck

also, you can purchase a scroll of magic protection at adventurer mart and cast it on Kangaxx (house trick)
Old 11-28-2001, 09:18 PM   #3
Tim Tam
Dungeon Master

Barbarian's Rage ability does NOT grant immunity to Imprisonment. You are thinking of the Beserker's Enrage ability.

The Mace works, but you need to get lucky, it could take 1 hit or 20.

Scrolls of Magic Protection work fine, but running solo there's no need to cast in on Kangaxx, however there are only 2 in the whole game. Grab a scroll of Prot from Undead, but DO NOT use it on yourself until you have initiated dialogue with the Demi-Lich form of Kangaxx, otherwise you will encounter a bug where he becomes invincible.