Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-27-2001, 05:38 AM   #1
Gedd
The Magister

SPOILERS..

I dont get the twisted rune...what is the story behind it. Its the most random randon quest i have ever done.
PLus - Imoen got blown up there and never dropped any of her stuff (maybe it got incinerated with that meteor that hit her.. )

Same question applies to the guarded compound in the temple district..I got the empty potion bottle but i have no idea what it is for.
Old 11-27-2001, 05:52 AM   #2
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

I found the empty bottles and expected some exciting quest to come. The good people of this forum told me my more mundane future - just toss em cause they do nothing.
Old 11-27-2001, 05:59 AM   #3
Ugaya
Manshoon

There is no further story behind it, just open threads, two fights and some nice items. Economical issues, I think.
The empty potion bottles are useless.
When Imoens portrait is gone, her stuff is vaporized, too. Some spells (disintegrate) or level draining can have this nasty result.
Old 11-27-2001, 06:13 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Balderdash has a patch that tries to link the Copper Coronet Slaver Quest to the Guarded Compound to the Twisted Rune.

The slavers drops a note that mentions about the Guarded Compound, then when you fight there, one of them drops a weird Rogue Stone that tells you that it belongs in the Bridge District.

The game developers did not have the time to fully flesh out this subquest among others, so sadly it is disconnected.
Old 11-27-2001, 06:45 AM   #5
Whailor

As Dundee said.. I have downloaded numerous fixes from Baldurash as well, and after that the Guarded Compound was linked as a stronghold of Slave Lords (linked to initial Copper Coronet quest with slaves), and from there it was further linked to Twisted Rune. Not a bad idea as such, some big organized criminal organization. It's sort of tied to Bridge District tanner as well I guess, since you will be attacked there by Rune Assassins and such..

Basically while there's no "in-game" quest as such, take it with the realization that it's, or was, a big organized crime conglomerate and you single handedly - or with a party - just put the lights out of them
Old 11-27-2001, 07:03 AM   #6
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Hmm, I've never done either of them, just backed out of the guarded compound in a hurry when all the demons, etc. started appearing. I mean, what's my motivation? It's like that big house in the center of the Bridge District, filled with guards. What's that all about? Now, I'm getting some inkling of what went on. Thanks, guys.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-27-2001, 07:16 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Hmm, I've never done either of them, just backed out of the guarded compound in a hurry when all the demons, etc. started appearing. I mean, what's my motivation? It's like that big house in the center of the Bridge District, filled with guards. What's that all about? Now, I'm getting some inkling of what went on. Thanks, guys.

That big house in the center of the Bridge District is related to the Anomen's romance.

Your motivation for clearing out the Guarded Compound is the Helmet of Defence. [img]smile.gif[/img]
People start screaming in the background.
Oh, and it is worth a lot of Xp. [img]smile.gif[/img]
People start groaning and facepalming.
Huh? Oh! I am sorry, I forgot that you can loot the place for plenty of stuff.
People start making menacing gestures.
Okay, okay! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Celestial Fury lies there, the highly-hyped Katana. Yeesh, the way people describe it, you would think that it was the only weapon worth having in the game. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2001, 07:51 AM   #8
Jan

Where is the patch Mr. Dundee Slaytern mentioned?

Does the patch go with ToB?

Old 11-27-2001, 08:05 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well I have ToB installed and I got the Fixpack v3.61 from Balderdash installed. The Fixpack v3.61 includes everything, but there is a disclaimer that says not to install it over ToB, but I have yet to encounter a problem. Your mileage may differ.

Just the Twisted Rune

Fixpack v3.61

The only words of advise I have for people is that make sure you have ToB installed first, before adding in the Balderdash patches. If you install ToB after you patch from Balderdash, you will encounter problems, which requires a full uninstall and reinstall.
Old 11-27-2001, 08:45 AM   #10
Jan

Hey thanks mate.