Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-07-2001, 07:49 AM   #1
Crey
Welcomed New User

Hi.

Could anyone please tell me how do I get those documents from Marcus that Edvin told me to bring? On some walkthrough I read that he would sell them, but when I try that, he won't. Do you need to be some special alignment or class or what?
Old 11-07-2001, 07:55 AM   #2
Zbyszek

quote:
Originally posted by Crey:
Hi.

Could anyone please tell me how do I get those documents from Marcus that Edvin told me to bring? On some walkthrough I read that he would sell them, but when I try that, he won't. Do you need to be some special alignment or class or what?

I could buy it. Once I have pickpocketed it. If I remember well there was option to threaten him, but I dont know how would this end (I mean if this would cause general hostility and massacre). My reputation was between 12 and 15 maybe 16 if I remember well.
Old 11-07-2001, 08:00 AM   #3
Crey
Welcomed New User

Thanks for reply, but... When I threaten him he just says something like "I have been threatened by better men than you". Refuses to sell and Nalia with her 35 pickpocket failes to steal. When I kill him my rep goes down by 5... would like to avoid that. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2001, 09:13 AM   #4
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Have your most powerful party member talk to him. If you have a fighter/ranger/paladin, etc. I had this happen a couple of times to me. It seems he isn't scared of the little people.

If that doesn't work. Charm him and then continuously pick his pocket until you get it.
Old 11-07-2001, 09:19 AM   #5
Zbyszek

There are also potions of thievery and I hope that Jan or Yoshimo are not dead - take them for a moment [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2001, 09:53 AM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

My main char was a female paladin with a 20 chr (gotta love the nymph cloak and rose sword) and he WANTED to give it to me... should work with any female char with a high chr
Old 11-08-2001, 03:20 AM   #7
Crey
Welcomed New User

Thanks to all who replied. [img]smile.gif[/img] He finally sold the documents, but not to my own chair (dwarven fighter). When I talked to him with Aerie he was very willing to sell them. [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks again.
Old 11-08-2001, 12:29 PM   #8
Nifft the Nimble

Wow I'm amazed. More thought went into that one little mission than I ever would have imagined. Once playing a Neutral Evil character I had Yoshimo talk to him and one of the options was:

"Excuse me, there's somthing on your neck." (Quickly and quietly break his neck.)

... which killed Marcus without lowering my party's reputation. There are so many ways to skin a fat merchant!

-- Nifft the Impressed