Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 10:19 AM   #11
Radek
Red Dragon

In general

spell_power = (0.9 + Sorcery/10)*base_spell power

where "spell_power" means duration, damage caused, and so on. The "base_spell_power" is the spell power listed in your manual.

Therefore, at Sorcery 16 (Sorcery 12 plus Enlightement plus Chi Master), all spells will be 2.5 times more efficient than at Sorcery 1. They will last 2.5 times longer. They will cause 2.5 times higher damage. Or both.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:29 AM   #12
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Once again, I stand awestruck at the amazing knowledge that is Radek... [img]smile.gif[/img]

If these things aren't in Best Tips already, Radek, please do put them there. And Tia's story into the Library, too... or if you'd like, let me know and I'll put it in there for you.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:06 PM   #13
dragon2005
The Magister

wow how did you know this - i am amazed.
is it in the manual or you just traied it?
dragon2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:56 PM   #14
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

With Radek, our resident MathMagician, you can be sure he's tried it... and that he's tried it often enough to be able to give that kind of statistical information [img]smile.gif[/img]

Not to slight our other MathMagician, Aleph_null1, who hasn't taken the game to the depths Radek has... yet...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 07:53 AM   #15
dragon2005
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
[QB] With Radek, our resident MathMagician, you can be sure he's tried it...
i can't do it just can't. [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2004, 08:41 AM   #16
Radek
Red Dragon

The Sorcery formula is in the manual [img]smile.gif[/img] It is there in the form (1 + Sorcery/10)*base_value. I have adjusted it because of my experience. For example: the Flamedrop spell causes 1 HP damage per hit for Sorcery less than 11 and it caused 2 HP damage per hit for Sorcery at least 11.
The formula isn't always valid, that's why I have written in general. Examples:

The Dispel Undead spell. At negligible Sorcery, this spell seems to be completely useless. It is unable to kill even a graveyard skeleton. At medium Sorcery, it is a not so bad spell. It causes about 70 HP damage to undeads in the spell effect area. At Sorcery 16, the spell becomes a huge disaster for all undeads around, usually causing about 200 HP damage to each hit undead and "knowing" also 250 HP damage. Only undeads at the periphery of the spell effect area can survive with a blue eye. Otherwise: resist it or die.
The spell does not follow the formula for sure.

2. The distance for the Vanish spell. At no rate, you will be teleported 2.5 further at Sorcery 16. The distance seems to be: some_base_distance + some_small_increment*Sorcery, so that the difference becomes (perhaps) apparent only when you compare results at essential difference in Sorcery.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:01 AM   #17
bsftcs
Red Dragon

@Dragon2005

Make sure that every time you have a code inside a [], you also have another one with a / in front of the sig to cancel it.

For example: If you have a [QUOTE], which codes the quote box, you must also have [/QU...] to end the quote box. If you have a [QB] sig which makes the letters bold you must also have a [/Q...] to cancel that code again.

Just remember that. Every code must have a corresponding code with a / in front to cancel the effects of the code. Otherwise the effects of the code will not take place whatsoever.

[ 11-30-2004, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 11-30-2004, 02:06 PM   #18
dragon2005
The Magister

i am really upsett with my monk.
i cant leorn vine craft.
i cant becom a ranger and cant go back to a prist .
help me if you can.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:14 AM   #19
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Your only other option would be to max out your vine skill. Once it reaches the maximum of 12 you will be able to learn level 6 vine spells. He cannot learn level 7 spells until he gets the enlightenment trait, which increases the possible maximum of all skills to 14. But only high level zenmasters can learn that trait - so by then your monk will be able to learn vine spells as normal again.

There really is no easy solution to the problem. But check your manual in advance to plan each role changes, so you will not have the same problem again. [img]smile.gif[/img]