Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2002, 07:21 AM   #1
jackal2513
Elite Waterdeep Guard

is it power attack ? the feat where you subtract a number off your attack roll ( i think ?) to add to your damage roll ???

people say this is a good feat but cant see how myself cos you'll have less chance of hitting the person. Also, does it only count for 1 attack ? Am i missing something ?

I miss the whirlwind attacks etc.. in IWD

also, i cant seem to get cleave for any of my fighters , its always greyed out ???

regards

R
jackal2513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 07:43 AM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Yeah, power attack lets you take from 1 to 5 away from your BAB, and add it to your damage rolls. It's good when you are against something weak that you know you can hit with a BAB penalty - or against something you've incapacitated somehow (slept, stunned, etc) that you can hit automatically.

Also it's a prerequisite to taking Cleave, so if you don't yet have power attack, that's why it's greyed out.
Old 11-15-2002, 08:17 AM   #3
Kygon-Jo
Dungeon Master

I have Cleave. Great Cleave, Power attack and MAX Damage feats. In heavy battles with multiple enemies the damage passed out is awesome.

I do lower the Power attack if I am fighting a boss type creature (Avatar?) any miss attacked roll and you could be raising your tank from the dead. LOL.
Kygon-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 01:51 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Once you set power attack on, it stays on until you change it or turn it off. Same for Rapid Shot.

Also, the hit on attack bonus means less over time, as your fighter gains levels and goes up in strength.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote