Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2001, 12:19 AM   #1
RAISTLIN

Man that sucks. wish i could help but all i can suggest is that you try and replay the ending from your last save. It is possible that you may be able to import the character files from saved games other than the end game. Hopefully they do not punish you for building a character that wound up too successful

Old 02-02-2001, 12:24 AM   #2
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

If you still have your Final Save game file, you can open it up and under the character options you can Export. This will export the character to a character file, just as BG1 did. Note: you can only export characters you have created -- can't export NPC's.

I always try to Export the main character just after ending up in limbo, before getting the tears.

Good luck.
Old 02-02-2001, 12:24 AM   #3
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Just an idea...remember that its saved as Char1 (or Char2...etc)

Old 02-02-2001, 12:27 AM   #4
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

If you wish, you can also name the export file with the character's name when you export (I think there is a limit on how long the file name can be, 8 letters or fewer).
Old 02-02-2001, 11:02 AM   #5
Charlie
Lord Ao

Well, Jonny boys gone. Shame he couldn't hang about and chat really, apparently he was cooking something...or was something cooking him...not too sure. Anyway, I was gonna ask him if he wanted to team up, but the offers gone now, so's Jonny...oh well.

I had hoped that the end character would be saved for posterity, other than a saved game...you know, exported or whatever.
My character wasn't saved at the end, unlike at the end of BG1. Is this just because the character is of such a high level that he/she would be too potent to start a/the follow up should one be produced?

Highly enjoyable, I'll post comments in a seperate thread.

Cheers.
Old 02-02-2001, 01:20 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Hey Charlie, this might not exactly related to your topic, but you can always pause the game after Jon came out and did his little speech. After you pause, you can go to character info screen and export your character. Note sometimes the abilities that you gain from the tears are not "carried over" when you start a new game, what you should do is go back to the final save and do the tears again, then let Jon come out and do his little speech (again), but when you export your character, use a different save name and it has worked for me so far. Also like the others mentioned earlier, your character should automatically exported to char1 once you finish the game.
Old 02-02-2001, 04:42 PM   #7
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Accord, what are those abilities that dont carry over ??
SPOILER...
. When i started a game with my sorcero (using Char1.chr) to see if he had the abilities, i saw that at least the magic resistance, the elemental resistances and the stats modifications still were here. But i didnt try to see if my character still had the protection from weapons and the others abilities (cant remember what they were). Please enlighten me !!

Old 02-02-2001, 08:23 PM   #8
satan

if you would have 18 wisdom and charisma in the end, and then do the tears of baal, wouldnt you have 19 wisdom and charisma after you get the bonuses

Old 02-02-2001, 09:10 PM   #9
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Ertai, sometimes I realized in my game when I was "tuning" my characters that their bonuses from Bhaal's Tears did not get carried over when I export. So to solve this little problem I export the character using a different character name and so far it appeared to have done the trick. I often like to "beef-up" my characters by "MoveToArea" code along with [ctrl] + [j] with Imoen in chapter one since I am not sure if the modified figures from Shadowkeeper will carryover when the expansion or BGIII comes out (if ever).
Old 02-06-2001, 08:14 PM   #10
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hi.

I'm still at a bit of a loss here. During the dream sequence (Bhaal) you have to sacrifice something...I sacrificed wisdom. This means that my wisdom score is lower than when I started the game. I've just finished the game two more times to see if my bloke is exported and saved automatically...he's not. The +1 Wisdom (That would put me back to the same level I originally started the game on) and the +1 Charismsa are supposed to be permanently applied stat's right?
As it stands, upon the completion of the game and after much hard work, my only reward (other than the film sequence) is the loss of a stat' that I originally began with. A permanent +1 to cha' would be a nice little bonus, although I don't receive it, but to finish the game with lower stat's (-1 Wis') than I began with really sucks. Anyone got any ideas on this at all?......Don't seem right somehow

Cheers.