Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Winking Games Received for Christmas!!

1. The Force Unleashed
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. Big League Sports

1. The Force Unleashed was better than the reviews said. I really enjoyed the story and solo mode. I wish thay could have made a much longer RPG version like this. The fun comes in the form of boss fights and I guess due to its shortness you can reach the bosses fights quicker but they could have also implemented a system to unlock boss fights to play at your leisure. The solo game takes about 10 hours to complete so not very long and I think this is were so reviews were a little less favorable. The controls are easy and fun fells like you are swinging a sword and the force powers take a little practice but eaisily mastered. The two player is really nice lots of Jedi/Sith to choose from and environments to fight in were a good selection. After the 10 hours it is good that fighting another player is so much fun. Me I love fighting the bosses and trying different tactics on them so the solo game is definitly replayable but if you don't find it is hopefully the two player dual mode will keep the game fun.

2. Super Smash I am enjoying thus far there seems so much to do here that it feels overwhelming. I played some of the different concepts but will most likely focus on the solo story, and opponent play for now.

3 Big League Sports looks like alot of fun and I am hoping the controls are easy and fun to use we shall see.

Oh and I am jealous of all those who own Fallout 3. I fealt that there were a lack of gamers games at least good ones for the Wii this year. At least I can still have fun with the nongamer relatives which the wii shines at. I have had fun with the wife, parents, and sister with the system.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Default Re: Games Received for Christmas!!

Watched my son play Smash Brothers Brawl and it is a fun, fun game. He plays with his cousin and other friends and its a whoot! The solo story actually is interesting.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

GTA IV, Fallout 3, COD 4, COD World a War.

Loving all of these at the moment but Fallout is my Fav by FAR.

For those people wanting the PC version of GTA IV I would recommend a HIGH END gaming rig as it is a hog!! Game play is fun but my PC is struggling to run it so the graphics are a bit off.

COD 4 is a classic so wanted to own it instead of having the "backup" copy that I had.

COD World at war is a great game as well. Having fun with it.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:27 AM   #4
Target
Red Dragon

1) The Force Unleashed
2) House of the dead 2 and 3
3) Ghost Recon (I think came free with House of the dead)
4) Tomb Raider: Anniversary
5) Star Trek: Conquest
No time to play any of them!! Moving house soon so everything is boxed up!!
Really looking forward to playing The Force Unleashed

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:11 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Kids got Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and Legends of Rock. It's a pleasure seeing 'em enjoy classic rock... although I was surprised to hear my son singing "I... want to rock and roll all night... and party every day!"

My son bought Smash Brothers Brawl with his own money after Christmas... the boy's addicted to gaming I'm pretty good with Pit...

I've been playtesting the start of a new MM6 mod, and feeding a Risk addiction. I know, I know... but it's *fun* kicking those computer tushies!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:16 AM   #6
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion

Whilst I was never bought any games for Xmas, I did purchase a couple for myself in a current quest to catch up on some of the next gen RPGs that are available!

1) Mask of the Betrayer
2) Storm of Zehir
3) The Witcher Enhanced Edition
4) S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl. (Only a shooter granted, but an open ended one with missions and dialogue no less!)

It's going to be a long crazy summer...
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:44 AM   #7
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebroDragon View Post
4) S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl. (Only a shooter granted, but an open ended one with missions and dialogue no less!)
And one of the most atmospheric games ever! Be sure to patch it since it severely decreases the buggyness. It's still a patchy game though. When you're done with the first playthrough, you might want to download the Oblivion Lost mod, which unlocks a whole lot of stuff that was planned but never implemented.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
Stratos
Vampire

None, but I got a bottle of whiskey instead.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sacred 2 and Storm of Zehir. Hubby got Fallout2 as well. Have started Sacred2 and it's not bad but they made some changes, including no pausing and no exiting the game without saving (ie, you can't redo a battle etc) that I'm not too fond of.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:26 PM   #10
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Thumbs Up Re: Games Received for Christmas!!

I have played the Force Unleashed twice now I think the second time it took me around 5 hours but it was worth it as I found out there is an alternate ending to the one that follows the Star Wars story line. This alternate ending unlocks the final costume to use in Duel mode.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote