Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2003, 04:19 AM   #1
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Thought I'd get a relatively eye-catching title [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Right here goes, to you techies and FF fans alike, will some one, anyone, PLEASE tell me how to get FF7 working on a laptop computer running win 2k? Anyone? At all?

Without a doubt FF7 is my favourite game. Of all time. Ever. The sad thing is, now that I've moved on to using a laptop and I no longer have a desktop computer with me (I live in a boarding house, my desktop is at home, and its a piece of shite. I'm never home long enough to finish a game of FF7 anyway, so... I'm stuck)

I'd play FF8 to cure my needs, but its not quite as good as FF7. Is there any way at all to get it running on a laptop?
I've tried, but the cinematics won't play and the game crashes at the very first fight. I've tried patches and stuff as well..

I'll give an imaginary dollar/yen/pound/rupee to any kind and benevolent soul who tells me how to fix this (plus my eternal everlasting love and gratitude)!

Cheers people..
Old 02-23-2003, 04:55 AM   #2
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

I#ll need the game specs and the laptops specs... or you could wait for someone else to reply
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 02-23-2003, 06:53 AM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

try checking the faq here.

FF7
Old 02-23-2003, 04:56 PM   #4
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Kakero! Thanks! That might just do it (I havent had the time to check it yet, but I've saved the site for when I DO have time.. THANKS!!)
And thanks for the effort of... typing that in Callum.. (thats one extra post count for you, ya dodgy bugger! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] )