Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2002, 01:23 PM   #21
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I remember hating middle school myself (it was called "Junior High" back in those days). 8th grade was my single worst experience I'd been through up to that point; significant enough that it stands out as the nadir of my K-12 sojourn. I couldn't stand anyone there, the teachers sucked, we were treated like just so many cattle...UGH!!

Then I got into High School the next year and loved it.

So hang in there, things WILL get brighter. Grades 7-8 are the abyss in education...just pass through them as quickly as you can and get on to the "better" stuff.

Oh, and for those of you b**ching and moaning and wailing about the "real world"...I for one LOVE being in the "real world" and not having to go to school anymore. I was never so happy as to graduate High School and to finally get to be an adult...well, almost one at the time, anyway. If your life's that crummy...change it!

Just a thought.

-Sazerac

[ 11-12-2002, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Sazerac ]

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-12-2002, 01:38 PM   #22
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Wait until you reach high school, or better yet college, or even better the real world. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
LOL Nanobyte, I was thinking of saying that! Guys, wait until you have to WORK for a living! For YEARS! Without END!

These youngsters don't know when they've got it good. And in my day, music had a melody and lyrics you could sing along to *jabs walking stick*
[/QUOTE]Look out Epona or your gonna have to put the Elder Orbs into your Sig too

But I agree with everything you said

Edit: those aren't winks, I just have developed a tick in my eye, from Accounting class

[ 11-12-2002, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 11-12-2002, 04:24 PM   #23
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I remember hating middle school myself (it was called "Junior High" back in those days). 8th grade was my single worst experience I'd been through up to that point; significant enough that it stands out as the nadir of my K-12 sojourn. I couldn't stand anyone there, the teachers sucked, we were treated like just so many cattle...UGH!!

Then I got into High School the next year and loved it.

So hang in there, things WILL get brighter. Grades 7-8 are the abyss in education...just pass through them as quickly as you can and get on to the "better" stuff.

Oh, and for those of you b**ching and moaning and wailing about the "real world"...I for one LOVE being in the "real world" and not having to go to school anymore. I was never so happy as to graduate High School and to finally get to be an adult...well, almost one at the time, anyway. If your life's that crummy...change it!

Just a thought.

-Sazerac
I can argue that, 11th has got to be the hardest of all thirteen grades. I mean, the SAT's or ACT's do determine which colleges will accept you (along with your GPA or course..) and your career is determined on the basis of your education, so a good college can make life easier!

[ 11-12-2002, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Old 11-12-2002, 04:33 PM   #24
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Man if you hate middle school the future is not looking any better high school is just more work. Plus theres alot more shallow people to deal with. I don't mind any of the working part of high school or my classes or the teachers, the thing i hate about high school is the people.
Old 11-13-2002, 01:50 AM   #25
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Yikes, I just came back from a History: Revolutions exam. I'm actually dying for middle school exams now.. I've been one of the high-fliers of the class the whole year 'round and I've been expected to get a TER (Victorian education thingy that acts as a ranking) of 45/50..
I dont even know if I'm going to get 45, let alone more..
I realise that doing a year 12 subject in year 11 is supposed to be challenging but nothing prepared me for the sheer difficulty and pressure I was on today.. I can only imagine how its going to be next year when I have to do 5 of those kind of exams, when right now I can barely handle 1. And to think I'm actually doing first year university history next year, which most people wouldnt even dream of touching in university, let alone college. I wish to cry now..

Middleschoolers be happy with work you can copy and exams you can memorise while you still can. I've never felt so tested.. I've always felt good about my work after I'd done a test, and now all I have is a semi-sour taste in my mouth and my sense of reality saying I really didnt do THAT badly. Still it wasnt my best work, and it should have been. roar.

Amen to Sio, I'm going to wedgie the middleschoolers. *WEDGIE*
Old 11-13-2002, 02:09 AM   #26
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Triconan:
[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

How do middle school teachers get off believing that they're the only teachers that give homework! I got a Mars project in science where I had to make a model, a brochure, and write a few paragraphs. Then my literature teacher gives us the vaugest intructions about a booklet on "The witch of Blackbird Pond"
The lamest book ever written (I'm exagerating a tad). Anyway we have to write about 5 paragraphs, draw a picture, make a collage cover with meaningful pictures about the stories. Not to mention scour the book for qoutes that relate to the picture I draw. Anyway I'm just letting it out of my system.

P.S. And they're both due this week!
Sorry to break the news to you but they do that all the way through school to us [img]tongue.gif[/img] .. well that is unless they suddenly stop after year 10.... [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2002, 09:19 AM   #27
Mellagar

SAT's, ACT's, ABC's, they're all worthless exams that only prove you can fill in the little bubbles with a No. 2 pencil. Junior High isn't the worse thing in the world, far from it. And don't let anyone fool you, high school is no different than college. Just that the people get dumber and somewhat taller. However, I am somewhat impressed with the embezzling idea...I think that you might be able to pull that off on a lot of college students. Never, ever, underestimate the absolute power of human stupidity. Especially with young people.