Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2005, 10:59 AM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

The first racing game I've ever "got". My mustang sucks however. Opinions?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 03:32 PM   #2
Lucern
Quintesson

Nope, but I'd like to hear yours.

I don't have a Playstation, and the last time I desperately searched for a GT game, they weren't available for anything I had. At this point that's only a PC.

I really liked GT2, and my mustang sucked there lol. I had trouble with the front engine, rear wheel drive vehicles, as I would always spin them out. For some reason I could handle some of the mid-engine ones.

And all-wheel...that's just a gimme. My best car was one of the RUF 4 wheel drive, wide bodied beasts upgraded to the limit (820 or so HP IIRC). I had better cars, but none that I could handle very well.

I saw a nice setup at an electronics store (called Frys Electronics) with a ~60 inch flat panel screen and a driver's seat + wheel. *wipes up drool*

This may be the only game that entices me to get a console.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:46 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

GT4 out already? I didn't even know that? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:14 PM   #4
Sir Degrader

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucern:
In a nutshell? DAMN good. Much more inviting then the previous one's, the license tests are better then the 3rd, the driving is much more realistic, and the events range from Ok to nuts (when they mean 24 hr, they mean 24 REAL hours). Also, there are ALOT of bloody cars. My one pet peeve is that the computer always seems to have amazing cars and yet plays bumper cars with you.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:03 AM   #5
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
quote:
Originally posted by Lucern:
In a nutshell? DAMN good. Much more inviting then the previous one's, the license tests are better then the 3rd, the driving is much more realistic, and the events range from Ok to nuts (when they mean 24 hr, they mean 24 REAL hours). Also, there are ALOT of bloody cars. My one pet peeve is that the computer always seems to have amazing cars and yet plays bumper cars with you. [/QUOTE]Yeah, but when they say 24HRs, you can make that 8HRs and not even play for yourself using B-spec, although hardcore GT4 racers will probably curse you for getting even a single B-spec point.... who cares?

This game is mad in terms of realism, try getting all gold on the licenses, try completing the mission Hall. Expect to find yourself putting in MANY hours of practice if you ever hope to get 100% in this game. Some were even bold enough to state that only a small percentage of players will be able to finish mission 34 or get 16 golds on the S-license. Well, they do have a point. After one week of intensive practise and thorough study of the tracks I decided to go out and buy the Action Replay disc! I don't care! I have to study as well darnit!!
Old 04-15-2005, 08:54 PM   #6
Sir Degrader

Action Replay Disc?
Old 04-15-2005, 09:20 PM   #7
The Hairy Caveman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Mustangs don't suck in GT4!! All cars can be improved significantly if you drive in first person view and manual transmission. With FR cars you just can't accelerate around a turn with expecting to spin a little, even more so if you have simulation/sports tires on. Word of advice though, DON'T GET THE FORD GT!!! I'm a ford man, having owned 3 of them, but in this game the Ford GT just doesn't handle well enough on small courses to be worthwhile.
\"The teaching is \'Ai Uchi\', meaning to cut your opponent just as he cuts you. This is the ultimate timing...it is lack of anger. It means to treat your enemy as an honoured guest. It also means to abandon your life or throw away fear.\" - Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings
The Hairy Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote