Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 05:09 PM   #21
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The Mage scoffed at the jock on the other side of the line.

"A nerd? Over what foundation do you build the presumption that I am categorized as such?"

He spoke to the two, the only two opposers that have thus come forth to challenge his reign.

"As it is evident that the whole of Ironworks respect and fear me as their Ruling Power and none but the likes of you two dare challenge me on this forum, I call for an automatic ruling in my favor. I have won the war! None dare raise up against me but a couple stragglers! The general public know that it is fruitless to try!"

At this the Mage turns to the Judge to see if the ruling would be made official.

[ 01-23-2007, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 01-27-2007, 09:29 PM   #22
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The first sign of his arrival is the undeniable stench of blood and sweat, the scent wafts over the battlefield as a prelude to the entry of a large orcish figure. Wearing dinted and battered armour and carrying a giant maul he shambles over to the middle of the field and looks back and forth at the two opposing forces.

"Wat dis? I smelled fighting to be had and this is all I see? Some man with shadows and two humies? Could have stayed 'ome and crushed some heads."

[ 01-27-2007, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: shadowhound ]
Old 01-27-2007, 10:02 PM   #23
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

"Yeah, no kidding, I think that Mr. Evil Nerd wins by nature of forfeit," Purple kicked a small rock, sending it spinning across the ground, "Well, guess that's that, then, enjoy this lousy world."

Then he ran like hell and didn't look back until he found a mage to send him far off-plane to some nice corner of Mt. Celestia where he could pretend to be a law-abiding citizen.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:19 PM   #24
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The judge had sat silent, no doubt understanding that such a claim to automatic victory could possibly be the catylist for the hoped-for violence and when it did not, a new arrival had finally found his way to the stage of war only to be confused by the lack thereof. This lack of interest to join forces against the One True Shadow Mage caused the leader of those rebels to throw in the preverbial towel in defeat. He left the field, leaving some guy with a football jacket as the single enemy on the field. The Orc or maybe half-orc and the nimble Ivelliis were left to decide what they now would do.

"Hey you two...whoever brings me that guy's head on a stick gets a magic item from my treasury AND an in-character tour of my Tower."

He hoped that he'd at least see some blood in this thread before it fell away forgotten in the archives of IW.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #25
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

"Shiney object?"

The orc's head shoots up and stares at the darkman and a grin shoots across his face (not an attractive sight), here was something he understood, shineys for bodies.

With a roar he lifts his maul and charges towards the small squishy humie.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:15 PM   #26
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ah, Larry, returned once more to force your claim upon the outsiders and the young. How long, I wonder, can you maintain this illusion of might and lordship?

I have seen your rise, for I was there long before the dawn of the Two Mods. I have watched your first halting steps on the path to delusion, seen you draw that dagger where it was best left sheathed. In that First Conflict, in the defense of your dishonour, you became little more than a secondary character in hiding. It should have ended then.
Instead, you came upon the One Ring, which has extended your life by many threads. Your reputation grew, and with it you drew envy. I well recall how you recoiled before a singing egg, then vented your rage upon those too foolish or inexperienced to defend themselves. This is the second time you strive to lure these people in, to frighten the dwellers of General Discussions. Who else do you dream to intimidate?
You have seen many clashes, ground to dust the bones we threw you or cowered when they hit your head. And this, a rematch you call it though I wonder for whom, the elaborate trap you devised for the foolish, a hole in the fabric of GD, is a desert. For where are the hordes you hoped to ensnare?

It is time to admit truth, Larry. But two of the seven threads here are yours, and they are empty and stagnant. The One Ring has done much to stretch your years, but now its threads are unravelling. This, the killing grounds that you would have readied for the masses, but which is like a dust speck upon the board, will see no end but your own. You would do better to return to Lockesville, and spend your remaining posts cradling the memory of what you once thought you had.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:35 PM   #27
dplax
Jack Burton

"RULES!" the voice shouted, shattering the relative silence following the words of Legolas. "Rules for this battle shall now be laid down. Rules, which shall be enforced and any divergence severely punished be it from one side," he pointed at the champions of light, "or the other!" pointed the thin finger at the Mage of shadow.

"Given how interwoven the fabric of this dimension is with the one you might know as real life, rules of engagement mostly apply to the fabric connecting the two worlds."

He paused, wetting his parched lips with his tongue.

"Rule one! Any form of attack is permitted as long as it stays in what would be called in the real world in-character. This means no out-of-character attacks, nor anything you aren't capable of."

"Rule two! No attacking the judge. Attacking anyone else, even betraying those on your team is permitted."

Not that he cared about his own safety...his form in this world did not matter to him anyway, but he wasn't the objective here.

"Rule three! Any attack without a response in what is 72 hours in the real world succeeds. In other cases the success or failure of an attack is determined by the actions of those concerned."

"Rule four! Victory goes to whichever side completely wipes out or forces the other to surrender."

"And finally, rule five! Further rules might be added as seen fit. Go ahead and hurt each other gentlemen."

He draws further towards the side of the arena, taking great care to stay on the line seperating the two sides.

[ 01-29-2007, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 01-29-2007, 01:24 PM   #28
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The Mage watched the orc shoot straight for his victim after the promise of a Shiney had been made. The other guy sat silent for now. The judge had spat out the rules of engagement upon this field of battle, and Legolas, the Old Enemy, had come to stir the emotions in this tale. To he, the Mage would now speak.

"Ah yes, the Great Story-teller has finally arrived to wag his tongue where he thinks himself expert. You who have been here from the very beginning and seen my power and influence grow. Yet still you remain blinded by your opinion that I am doomed to fail. Foolish mortal member of IW! I am the blood of this forum! Its existance remains in my grasp and I still rule here! The silence of this Forum has only made me stronger and I soon return with new plans. You have already suffered death at the hands of one of my creations...will you dare risk another? Come then! Lead that side of IW now and prove your gaming worth or continue to wail and whine, only to do nothing in the end but allow others to die around you."

As the Mage speaks, the shadows within the Forum grow longer, darker, and alive. The presence of the Mage of Shadow indeed was returning from his long time away and the Battle Field would only be the start of something even darker and more sinister.

[ 01-29-2007, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 01-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #29
Legolas
Jack Burton

Lead whom, great vessel of substanceless power? There are none who think highly enough of ye who types in blue to show concern over your boasting. Is this not proof for you? I should not shatter your hopes so but that I pity.

Become a rock, hide in the waters. Be called away to more pressing concerns, or submit your optional endings to the whims of the crowd. Withdraw into darkness if reality proves too unpleasant to face. You have been resourceful in your withdrawals, I doubt not you may find a reason for flight this day as well.

I can give you no other counsel than to abandon this thread. For all the impotence of shadow, you have provided an amusing display. Do not linger for me to unveil the light.

For when the bulb of black murk is replaced with the compact fluorescent lamp of clarity, I surely will flick the switch of truth.
And make no mistake. It shall melt thee in its glory.

You have toyed with what you have been granted. Not a thread in the history of this forum was made by your will alone, yet many grew outside your influence. You, slaying what you could throughout your vile existance, are no more evil than is a toddler devouring baby food while its parents cheer it on. Just as easily will you be disciplined when you are put to bed without a meal. Again I say, you would be wise to cease this tantrum.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:59 PM   #30
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The Mage diverted his eyes to that Orc who was barreling down on the supposedly unsuspecting victim across the line, as that person had not yet made a defending post. Pretty soon, he'd see blood, and the first blood to be spilled would be that of the opposing side. Always a good omen in battle.

He then came back to connect his gaze at Legolas and continue this personalized War of Words.

"Think on this. I have the General Discussion forum held in such fear of me as they dare not come here for fear that they too will die as you soon will. You speak poorly of my leadership, and yet where is the Clan you created called the Ranger-Protectors of the Ironworks? Who did they protect? Who protected them when it came time to decide their fate, along with all the other clans on IW? Was it not the work of my sons, the Shadow Giants, that ended all hope for clans continuing here?

You speak to me as though I were a mere commodity upon this forum, and yet can you deny that from its foundation, my game has outlasted all others? You know it to be true that Lord of the Forums was born here on the 27th day of November of 2001...you own the first post...and from there I grew into the favored antagonist and all members that game here want to be a part of the opposing side, which has brought more life to this forum than any other participant therein!

My dark shadow stretches through the entire existance of this forum and I can boast in honesty that gamers still look to game against me. Where have your efforts been? What games have you kept alive? Who have you inspired to work harder and post more often?"

The Mage gestures in the air and from the ground a bubbling pool of black, thick liquid began to ooze forth until it pooled, and from this pool a hand stretched forth, but this hand was missing most of its skin. This hand proceeded to pull a head and torso up through the ichor and within moments, a form stood by the Mage. It was not hard to realize that this form was what remained of a dead man. However, Legolas would surely recognize the decaying zombie in front of him to be Marcos of Snowdale, one of his own characters that had been killed in a prior game.

"This is the best you can do, Legolas! You give me minions that do my dark works! Your clan is no more, your characters die and become my property, and you know that you'll never create a game nor find one that has a legacy as strong and trustworthy as mine! Your post was nothing but a jealous rant...a final slur in desperation made by a man that does not believe his own words he spat out at me! Now it is time for you to defend your life once more in MY WORLD!!"

At this, the zombie seemed to take those words as a command to attack and charged Legolas with outstretched, boney claws.
Closed Thread