Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-01-2001, 10:37 PM   #261
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

LIliara turns to see the prisoner dispatching of a few drows himself. She is taken aback by his ability as she watches him take out a drow with his shackles, his wrists still bleeding from the inhumane treatment of his captors. She pulls him to his feet and helps him towards the door, he grabs a sword from one of the fallen drow as they make their way towards shelter.

When they are safe again, Liliara reaches into her bag looking for one of the remaining healing potions she bought before coming to this cursed land. She hands it to Bullvye and waits with caution for the prisoner to regain full strength.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 10-01-2001, 10:41 PM   #262
Encard
Quintesson

OOC: *exaggerated sigh* Nanobyte, where exactly did you get the impression he's godly? Look at the stuff I'm writing, and you'll see you're wrong. If I made him godly, the battle would be over by now because he'd have killed them all in a few seconds. What actually HAS happened so far, if I count correctly is that he killed... let me see... maybe 3 or 4 hobgoblins, 8 or less skeletons, and a lesser vampire (or whatever that was, vampire fledgling, lesser vampire fledgling something of that sort), and took a wound in the arm. In what, 4 posts? None of which were very short? Actually, he only half killed the lesser vampire thingy. Eh... Sorry, but that's not godlike. I don't mean to be offensive, but why don't you wait for him to actually do something godlike before making accusations? Because as far as I can see, right now your statement is completely unfounded.

------------------
Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees. ChAos rules all! Bwahahahaha...

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 10-01-2001).]
Old 10-01-2001, 10:46 PM   #263
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Usually, when you start a new character, it is reasonalbe to make them REASONABLE. Key elements in character creation. Your actions speak more than your words. Although, being an Assassin (trained to kill), I do not feel Shade would be capable of dispatching a Vampire, even a Fledgling.. Take it down a notch, and let the story progress with the characters..
Old 10-01-2001, 11:14 PM   #264
Encard
Quintesson

OOC: In BG2, at least, a fledgling vampire is level 8. Now, Plague killed the fledgling (or lesser fledgling, still not sure) with help from Encard. I've killed fledgling vamps in BG2 with character around that level. I don't know if this stuff is different in P&P AD&D, but based on BG2, there's nothing whatsoever overpowered about this, as far as I can tell... If you see anything wrong with what I just said, please tell me, but I really don't think you have anything to make a point about in this case (sorry if I made you post an extra time... I should have put the with help from Encard part in when I said what Plague had killed so far).

------------------
Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees. ChAos rules all! Bwahahahaha...
:1drgat1:
Old 10-02-2001, 12:10 AM   #265
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Liliara waits until Bullvye has regained some of his strength and then leads him out of the tunnels. They come to rest beneath a grove of trees and she finally feels at ease enough to ask the prisoner her questions.

"How is it that a human has come to be in this land?" she asks. Before he can respond, she demands another, more pressing answer "How do you know my languge, the language of the Elves?"

Although she is partially human herself, some part of her cannot help but feel disdain towards a mere man knowing the high tongue.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 10-02-2001).]
Old 10-02-2001, 12:12 AM   #266
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

OOC- *blink, blink* um, right... last time i checked, LF had created these 2 vampyres, who have NOT attacked LS party yet... and unless Neb's group caught up with LS's group without my knowledge, then i dont see how people from LS's group can be attacking the monsters attacking Neb's group! *starts to hyperventilate* anywayz... ^_^;; shade's idea sounds kewl to me, and welcome to the Bar Talthyr Malkaviel! ^_^ i dont think anyone's there at the moment, maybe put a tracer on one of the active characters or something? stick around, this is apretty fun thread to be active on! and welcome back grinch, maybe we can entertain everyone again. ^_~* also, anyone know ANYTHING about song dragons?! or dragons in general... cuz any info on them would be helpful. ^_^* thanx. and guys, now, come on. Liliara is struggling to keep the quest moving, and you guys are arguing over godliness again. Didn't we have to start this Bar over once already because of this? Here's a deal- Nano, anyone can create as many characters as you want, just as lond as you dont continuously kill them off once you grow bored of them. Encard, keep your characters as they are, just don't let them be able to kill so many enemies, k? many people on the bar arent at a level to be able to accomplish what your characters have, so you're going to have to lower your standards to everyone elses. ^_^;; can you guys just get over it now and continue the quest? we spend more posts arguing than actively playing in the RPG... like LS's first post on all the Bars (which no one seems to read anymore...) it says "1. No flaming of other people. Friendly ribbing is ok, but don't get personal and don't take things personally....To prevent earlier problems, NO GODS OR SUPER-BEINGS ALLOWED - I AM THE ONLY ONE HERE. Any problems and I start a character registering forum" if anyone agrees we drop the subject, say "aye". lets continue with the adventure, now shall we? we're gonna scare off the newcomers and bore the old-timers with our arguements!

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
Princess of Blondeness, second only to Aerie, who is Queen of Blondeness.
Entertainer/idiot and Elven bard at the Bar.My Website!

[This message has been edited by Skydracgrrl (edited 10-02-2001).]
Old 10-02-2001, 01:59 AM   #267
Bullvye
Dungeon Master

Liliara's words settle into Bullvye's thoughts. Owing his escape to the lady warrior,...the tale of Bullvye unfolds as thus.

" My homeland is far to the north of here. My people, from times long forgotten, lived in the lands beyond Icewind. Choosing to dwell in the woodlands, my clan people were called barbarians. Although great warriors, we sought only to live our lives,..alone and free of war and conflict. We lived in peace with the Elven people who occupied those lands since the dawn of time. We depended on each other for trade and safety in the hard winters that plagued the land. Until a darkness overcame my people and the Elves who were our neighbors and friends. From the mountains to the south arose the evil Elves. Seeking power, land, and blood, they waged war, in the night, on my homeland. Killing many men, women, and children of my tribe. Our clan's greatest warriors rose up to fight back the evil ones, but their numbers were too many. All but my brother and I were killed.
I was following the hope of finding him when I was captured by a small pocket of Drow soldiers left behind to control what I once called my home. They will soon find out the measure of my resolve and strength!" Bullvye's thoughts seem to take him to a place he is not willing to share yet. " I should set a perimeter if we are to camp here tonight." he raises himself to his feet above Liliara, and begins to walk silently into the brush. Liliara cannot help but be intrigued that a man she judges to be in excess of 300 pounds, beyond the 6'5 mark, and so heavily muscled who could move as softly as he did.

[This message has been edited by Bullvye (edited 10-02-2001).]