Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-28-2001, 11:47 AM   #1
Vampire

What are Chainmails good for when they can't cast spells!!! They can wear elven ones I know but things like Jesters, Melodic are designed for Bards!
Yet they can't canst spells. You can't change armour in combat!
Old 08-28-2001, 12:17 PM   #2
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Yeah, I totally agree on this topic. My character is a female half-elf blade bard, so I also have been a little annoyed by this fact. I realise that armor was probably created like this so that mages wouldn't become power-fiends, and unhurtable, but why was that aspect put into armor made specifically for bards? It doesn't make sense... Also, is there a "Lair" for bards? I know that
S
P
O
I
L
O
R
the sphere is the one for mages, and I know the one for druids and pretty much all the other classes, but I never discovered the one for bards. help? thanx in advance.

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 08-28-2001, 12:21 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

A bard sings, acts and occasionally kicks ass. Where the stage is, the bard lives.

Here's a hint.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 08-28-2001, 01:06 PM   #4
Epona
Zartan

How good a performance could you manage in chain mail? Seriously?
The bard is not supposed to be a tank, but a performer.
Melodic chain or elven chain is fine (specially designed for bards/lightweight and supple), but otherwise stick with bracers and just enjoy the role playing!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 08-28-2001, 03:56 PM   #5
Legolas the Elven Archer

MINOR SPOILER
The Bard stronghold is in the Bridge District

Bit Larger Spoiler
Try the Five Flagons Inn

Spoil Spoil...
You need to watch the play in the room below the inn. It will go completely wrong and people start to complain. A woman will come forward and ask for heroes to help her. One of their actors (Haer'dalis) is missing, together with a gem. Bring both back (search the sewers) and the actors will depart to another plain. They will be intercepted and captured, and you have to go after them. Once you've managed to free them, and provided that you are a bard, you will get the deed to the playhouse. This is the bard's stronghold.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings