Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-06-2006, 08:30 PM   #41
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
lol Thoran re Robert Jordan. I have just bought the 11th book and am DYING to get to the braid tugging - with a little embroidery description for some added zest!
Old 07-06-2006, 10:43 PM   #42
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Wow, lots of replies since I last checked in! Thanks to all of you for participating in the discussion.

LOL, Johhny, I'll let Nacht answer you on that lingerie thing...and Bungleau, that HAS been suggested elsewhere and hubby agrees it's a relaxation technique he's fond of. Thanks for the vote of support. This whole losing weight/getting healthier thing is a struggle but I find it worth the effort most days!

I'm not sure I can even convey what fifty fewer pounds is like...it's like four years back in time for me and I can move easier, breathe easier and my knee problems are less painful by far. I have more energy...I cannot even begin to imagine what it's going to be like when I get closer to my goals! But I'm so looking forward to that.

We've been eating less fat/sugar, more fiber and whole grains and following the Weight Watchers plan. Excercise is going to have to creep in there (so all of you suggesting it, thanks for the ideas and tips and support, as it's true, it's hard to lose without excercise at all after a certain point!). We just have to organize our time a bit better I think.

I'll keep in mind the tips and suggestions for morning workouts, even short ones. I bet they ARE pretty effective as it's a good way to get yourself going in the morning and burn some calories all day.

'course hubby is more allergic to mornings than I am....so moving HIM will be my next biggest challenge.

That and I have to find a way to not be allergic to mornings... LOL

Again, thank you all for your support and replies! It's great to see all the ideas and options and things that work for you. Gives me an idea what I might like to try as well as the feeling it just might be worth the effort!

PS: Dron- nothing odd about reading the Bible, we do that at our house too [img]smile.gif[/img] Oh and my husband says you have good taste in cartoons! LOL
I think you'll find that if you get to sleep earlier, and get better quality sleep, mornings will quit looking so bad. When I was in school I was very antimorning, but as I got to doing physical things for a living, I found I liked getting up an hour before I had to go to work, even if it was just to drink coffee, and goof off on the computer. Of course, now I'm much preferring night, or way early, before sunrise. Sometimes health dictates hours...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:34 PM   #43
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Well Cloudy, as long as you have goals, and your sights are aimed at meeting them, then the small stuff will fall into place.
My own scrimage is doing well. Even thou I have reduced my physical activity by 2/3rds capacity, I have reduced my diet as well. I have lost pounds, mainly muscle weight, but I'm under 230 know. It has been many years since I was that light. I as well do find it easier to move, and easier on the joints.
My goal is to finish the race at 210lbs, and still have enough strength to pick up and wield a great sword single handedly.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:14 AM   #44
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Lucid dreaming. A fun and exciting way to relax and reenergize. Hmm, yes, cliché.

I find that clearing my mind and focusing on one thing, usually what I want to dream about, helps me get to sleep fairly quickly. Also, something I learned my first year in college is that if you avoid doing other things while in bed (i.e. watching TV, reading, making a sandwich, those sort of things), and dedicate your bed to sleep, it usually helps you to get to sleep quicker. It's a conditioning thing, I believe. Anyway, that last bit is probably not necessary unless you're having trouble getting to sleep and its an ongoing problem.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote