Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-06-2003, 07:44 PM   #21
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Mysticelt and Lavindathar, delete ur extra posts.

Mysticelts was a joke SM, which i found funny.

Mine was an accident. Chill out.

[ 07-06-2003, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]
Old 07-07-2003, 07:41 AM   #22
ElricMorlockin
The Magister

Quote:
As stupid as this may sound, I think I may have "conquered" poison ivy. I've gotten a really bad case of it lately, and I've got a massive amount between my fingers. I've been sick of waiting it out, so about 10 min ago, I decided to rid of it once and for all.

First I took a paper clip, bent it so it was a long line. I used one side to slowly pierce the biggest blister thingys. I made sure I got all the oil out, washed my hands with burning hot water, and the paper clip. I did that to all of the biggest blisters. Then, I went downstairs, and put a Sh*tload of salt on it, and let it stay there for about 1 min. It was burning like hell, seriously. Then, I washed my hands again with hot water, went up stairs and washed my hands with hop soapy water, and the paper clip. Then I applied some Iverest (some cream to help stop the itching and it supposedly slowly kills it). Now I will just wait and see if it is better by tommorow. If it is, I'll do that onto the other major parts where the case is really bad, I.E. my arms and my feet.

Right now its really shriveled, so I think its a good sign...
You want to be "cured" you have to extract the oil. Laundry detergent works the best. Wash your hands in it (make suds) and it will begin to do the trick. If you think that you have gotten yourself in a patch in the future, wash the exposed areas with detergent asap. It works very well. Btw... the worst thing you could have done is both popping the sores and washing your hands with hot soapy water (regular soap). Regular soap causes posison ivy to spread and coupled with the hot water, about the only thing you accomplished was opening your pores up to more of the ivy's oil.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:07 PM   #23
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by ElricMorlockin:
quote:
As stupid as this may sound, I think I may have "conquered" poison ivy. I've gotten a really bad case of it lately, and I've got a massive amount between my fingers. I've been sick of waiting it out, so about 10 min ago, I decided to rid of it once and for all.

First I took a paper clip, bent it so it was a long line. I used one side to slowly pierce the biggest blister thingys. I made sure I got all the oil out, washed my hands with burning hot water, and the paper clip. I did that to all of the biggest blisters. Then, I went downstairs, and put a Sh*tload of salt on it, and let it stay there for about 1 min. It was burning like hell, seriously. Then, I washed my hands again with hot water, went up stairs and washed my hands with hop soapy water, and the paper clip. Then I applied some Iverest (some cream to help stop the itching and it supposedly slowly kills it). Now I will just wait and see if it is better by tommorow. If it is, I'll do that onto the other major parts where the case is really bad, I.E. my arms and my feet.

Right now its really shriveled, so I think its a good sign...
You want to be "cured" you have to extract the oil. Laundry detergent works the best. Wash your hands in it (make suds) and it will begin to do the trick. If you think that you have gotten yourself in a patch in the future, wash the exposed areas with detergent asap. It works very well. Btw... the worst thing you could have done is both popping the sores and washing your hands with hot soapy water (regular soap). Regular soap causes posison ivy to spread and coupled with the hot water, about the only thing you accomplished was opening your pores up to more of the ivy's oil. [/QUOTE]Not good for you that mate!
Old 07-08-2003, 02:04 AM   #24
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I love to go paintballing as often as I can. As a result of that, I get poison oak more often than many people do. I have developed a pretty serious allergic reaction to it as a result of my frequent exposure. Last time I got poison oak my whole body began to swell and I was a disgusting mess. I had blisters everywhere. Luckily, I've found something that makes it go away extremely quickly. Go to http://www.zanfel.com/got/ . This stuff seriously works. Within minutes the itching goes away and within days pretty much all traces of it are gone. I always keep some of this around the house just in case.

Do yourself a favor and have them next day you a tube of this stuff and believe me you will be thankful. If you live in a major metropolitan area, you may find this at a local pharmacy, but I just ordered mine online and it was here the next day. It's around $45.00 for a tube, but to be rid of the blisters and to be back to work in a few days - believe me it's worth it.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition