Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-08-2000, 01:36 PM   #1
pugnex
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you change your class from say a wizard to a warlock, will you ever be able to go back to wizard? The reason I ask is because if I change to warlock, they learn different spells, so I would like to change back to a wizard at a later time to obtain the other spells.
Old 10-09-2000, 12:23 AM   #2
Boromir
Welcomed New User

cant change back but u still get guild skills as u complete guild quests
ne1 seen a skill tree for the classes?
Old 10-10-2000, 06:54 AM   #3
jklame

Are you saying that a warlock is not
able to learn new sun and stone spells?

I'm asking because I changed my only
priest to a monk and now it looks like
I'm not going to be able to learn vine
spells above level 2 (so no cure poison).
I suspect that this means I'll have to
either start a new priest or change one
of my warriors to a ranger.

Anyway, could someone provide a list of
exactly which schools of magic are available
to each class and tell me if I'm correct
in assuming that, once you change to a
class which doesn't have magic school x,
then you can no longer learn spells in
school x which have a higher level than
what your skill level was when you changed
classes.

Thanks,
John

Old 10-10-2000, 08:59 AM   #4
Caseman

There is a little sentence in the level advancement section of the book that says Warlocks learn for all schools of magic, so he will keep everything he has when he changes over.. and continue advanceing in all of them..Same thing goes for Zen-Masters
This really got me to me too until I re-read the book..It's easy to miss

Old 10-10-2000, 11:31 AM   #5
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

One thing here, and it says in the book. If you change class to a new class that doesnt have the magic book of the old, say from Wizard (sun, stone), to Ninja (moon), you will only be able to get spells for sun and stone if you:

1. Have an experience level that matches the level of the spell, AND:

2. You have twice the level in that magic skill of the spell. So, say you want to get Meteor Shower, which is a level 7 stone spell. You'll have to have a stone magic level of 14 to get this spell!

There are two ways to go about getting lots of spells if you change class like mad like I do.

1. Get your character up to level 7 in their magic ASAP. Then, get all the spells for levels 4-7 first. That way, when they change class, they can get every spell from levels 3 to 1 (7/2 = 3.5). You could technically invest to a level of 8 in a magic and then just get levels 1-4 as well.

2. A MUCH EASIER WAY if you want to have a warrior class with a lot of magic is to make them a warlock, then work on all the magic. For instance, my wizard maxed out his stone and sun magic, then went to warlock. I'm now maxing out fiend and moon. Then I'll get ranger and max out vine, then to monk as my final class and max out fighting ability and spirit magic.

Another way, my Gnome priest maxed out her spirit magic and vine, but didnt get all the spells. I turned her into a samurai and maxed out sun magic. Now, I'm changing her to warlock to max out ALL the magic she has, except moon. Her final class will be a ninja, then she will max out moon and have all the spells in 5 magic groups, not to mention some awesome fighting skills!

This takes a long time, but let me tell you, having all your characters cast Firestorm, Meteor Shower and a few Magma Bombs in unison will utterly devastate any monsters you face!

Scronan