Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2001, 05:47 AM   #1
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Well, i wanted to share with you some things that ive recently discovered.

Ive just passed some hard days. In fact, im still living them, but i just dont think in a negative way anymore . Ive been very sad (dunno if i should say deppressed, i tend to think i could), and nothing could help me from being like that. I know what is not being able to sleep, even if youre terribly tired, just because you cant stop crying, i know what is being crying half the time you spend alone, i know what is feeling SO alone, BEING so alone most of the time, missing the person you love most in the world, wondering what´s she doing, imagining the worst things you could imagine, just to torture yourself. Been there, done that, and discovered its not worth. You gain nothing by being sad and torturing yourself, and more important, you can LOSE what you have by behaving like that.

So if you feel terribly bad, incredibly sad, dont stand alone in your room, thinking how unfortunate you are !! Put some music, sing, dance , chat with your friends over the net, go out, read a book, watch TV, just find something that keeps your mind away, smile a lot coz it helps a lot, and more important, remember that by being sad you fix nothing, you gain nothing. think of the better days that sure are to come, remember the good moments without comparing them to the moment youre living now, and try to be happy, coz as they say (at least in Spain it is said), to want is to be able.

Just my opinion, it has worked for me, and believe me, im not the happy kind of person

Enjoy your life !

------------------
"I miss the Angel... and I mean that I REALLY miss her" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Old 08-18-2001, 06:01 AM   #2
Istaron
Banned User

I guess you have a point there. I does not matter how much you whine, it won't get any better...
I will hold your words in my mind when the autum-depression comes

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 08-18-2001, 08:21 AM   #3
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I agree with you 100%!!! That is true... I have also done that... and all it does is bring a dark cloud over your head and your friends wouldn't want to talk to you no more coz you keep on whining about the same damn thing!!! Well, besides, my friends weren't even worth it... so here's the deal also:

In addition to what Ertai is telling you, you should know who your friends are! Know who will listen, no matter what, who would cheer you up and all, and cherish you... This will make you happy, and if it is a girl.. who knows right?

------------------

My love for her is beyond words... beyond time... you know this
Old 08-18-2001, 09:00 AM   #4
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

AMEN Ertai!! Well said. You are so right! I'm glad you figured that out! And Bahamut is right too.

The difficulty I have is that I still have to live with my ex for another 2 months at the least -- so my emotions are always on edge. Still, my outlook is good. I'm looking forward to the future. I have wonderfully available and supportive friends, and thank ZIROC for Ironworks!

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.
Old 08-18-2001, 10:08 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ertai_OHF:

Just my opinion, it has worked for me, and believe me, im not the happy kind of person

Enjoy your life !

Ertai, you could've fooled me - you're one of the most cheerful people I know. Good on you, mate.

------------------
Old 08-18-2001, 11:48 AM   #6
Moni

Excellent advice! I have been making it a point to surround myself with happiness for the last 15 years and they have been wonderful years. I have had some sadness since then here and there, but it is much easier to deal with when you know how.
Laughter is indeed the best medicine...I take an overdose daily.

Moni

------------------

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 08-18-2001, 01:51 PM   #7
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

So glad that you are feeling better, Javi! Sometimes we all sit around and think to much. Not that there is anything wrong with thinking but it can have a snowball effect. There is alot to be said for getting busy and literally getting your mind off of things and your attention diverted.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB

Old 08-18-2001, 03:48 PM   #8
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

but I'm SO good at whining!

sighs.... If I wanna cheer myself up, I go either play with my cats, come here on the 'net, or go outside and read a book.

------------------
Old 08-18-2001, 04:05 PM   #9
Drake
Baaz Draconian

stay positive. now that's something I realy need to keep in mind more often. I tend to let myself get sad to much. nice reminder Ertai

------------------

Drake A.K.A. bocaj
Old 08-18-2001, 07:23 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Javi, my friend, so glad to see you taking that advice! Life truly is much easier to navigate when you take the optimistic viewpoint! And those little things that seemed so large will all sort themselves out one day soon. Keep talking to us, we are hear and we care.

And as always, I'm around, you know that! Sweet dreams, my friend, and a pleasant tomorrow. I know you've gone off to sleep now.

Btw.. Memsy is right, you always make ME feel happier, so you've a bit of cheerful in your soul, dear!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."