Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2002, 06:26 PM   #1
flibulzbuth
Drow Warrior

I can't go deeper in a cave somewhere because one "greater" zombie-type bozo keeps draining my strenght to zero. I'm born under the apprentice sign, so magic affect me very, very hard.
I tried to wait a few (brushed my teeth, shaved, picked my nose...), but i was still at 0 str after that.

Is there a way to get rid of this without using potions/spell/scrolls?
if not, what spell can restore strength?

Some more details: small SPOILER-SPOILER-SPOILER-SPOILER

I'm just level 2. I met this mob in a cave with 2 ash slaves at the entrance, roughly out of Pelagiad on the way to Balmora.

[ 05-08-2002, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: flibulzbuth ]
Old 05-08-2002, 06:32 PM   #2
Case00
Manshoon

You'll find a bunch of potions laying around most dungeons (or potion sellers for that matter). The one you need is restore strength. The better the potion, the more you recover. The values go something like: spoiled, cheap, bargain, standard, quality and exclusive. As far as I know the effects are permanant unless treated.

It's also possible that you are diseased. If that is the case a simple cure disease potion or spell should bring you back to health.

[ 05-08-2002, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Case00 ]
Case00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 06:36 PM   #3
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

there is one other way that i know of
pray at a shrine, some of the deities cure strength loss (i forget the name of the deity)
barring that, as the other man said, you need potions or spells or scrolls.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 06:37 PM   #4
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

do you have any alchemy skills, you can make your own strenght potion, using the items you find laying around all the time.
Old 05-08-2002, 06:38 PM   #5
Case00
Manshoon

I forgot about those little shrines.. St. Voloth or something like that.
Case00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 12:07 AM   #6
vesselle
Hathor

i feel for ya hon! being STR drained at LvL 2 is tuff. esp if it's your first encounter. but here's a tip. there should be a St Voloth shrine in an Ancestral Tomb very near where you are!

btw, you may find it hard to move around with 0 STR. i think you're overburdened even when you dump everything you're carrying AND wearing.

::mutters under her breath:: dunno why any sane person would wanna go in one of those creepy tombs just to restore strength.
plus if it's not cleared out, you have to make your way thru the ghosties and stuff that don't want you being there. but if you've already cleared it out, then its a perfect place to go. [img]smile.gif[/img]

V***V

Old 05-09-2002, 01:20 AM   #7
flibulzbuth
Drow Warrior

Thanks all for the info.
I finally chose to continue along my road (whatever it is). I'll go back and deal with the cursing bozo when i'll have fine-tuned my destructive powers. [img]smile.gif[/img]