Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-29-2000, 10:09 AM   #1
Dwarf

Here's a few interesting points.Being an old time role player I like to try to use a well balanced party ( this is partly to do with old AD&D style party based RPG's and my not being a power gamer).Unfortunately this is basically impossable with WW because the first conversation (with the lizard man type assassin) gives the speaking character an unshared xp handout(50).Also the quest is for a particular artifact (the Mavin)wich only one character is supposed to be able to weild.This immediately puts favouritism in the spotlight.The 15 character limit seemed a bit stingy until I found out that it was 15 per save, not total(it looks like it was meant to be an overal limit but is easily bypassed).Simply reset quests,go to the Town Inn (in the starting town)delete all characters and start again (if you're a sad power gamer then give all of you're decent kit to new characters to start with).However this gives some problems as the game tries to reassert the older models over them.The only noticable problem is in the town inns (showing old models until you enter the pack space)and if an elf tries to wear Samurai armour (the body section looks strange with holes in and green stripes).Also the turn based combat system is unfair (unlike the Might and Magic headaches) in that only the participants are in turn based,monsters that are not fighting(fleeing, outflanking you etc) are in real time.This inevitably means that you get swamped.It also makes missile combat redundant(that practicaly involves long range spells with areas of effect).I recently got bored (because I killed the Ratmen who give the Assassin Quest,lost the Heretics key and missed a few more things).Even with the new patch the vampires bite doesn't work(even at pointblank, standing on their heads sort of ranges).Now concering vampires, it is not possable to sacrifice a party member to this trait because Lysandra automatically infects the party leader as well as whoever she's talking to,you can however give her back the bone and have a complete party of vampires(deathwish supreme).However she cannot infect you in combat,she just uses a sort of paralysing ghouls breath instead.I just thought I'd mention the more than one party option as I'm a firm believer in the "1 save per party" style of play(it's all I need)and don't like mucking about with changing characters too much either.That should about do it for now.
Old 12-29-2000, 10:43 AM   #2
gaunty
The Magister

I'm doing the no armor and very week weapons
concept, and I have a one man crew with 10 to
12 men lazily hangin at the inn.

Hey old timer name some of those oldee but goodies games from the past. From 1984-93 I
was a Atari looser and I have been playing
catch up with the IBM system.
gaunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2000, 05:32 PM   #3
Dwarf

Erm, Twin Kingdom Valley, The Wrath of Nikademus,Bard's Tale trilogy, Eye of the Beholder trilogy etc, truth be told I'm mainly a Pencil and Paper player,only bought a computer because Diablo came out and I got addicted (D2 was better and I still like it).I was thinking more D&D (purple box),AD&D(1st Edition),Tunnels and trolls(rubbish but worth a mention),Traveler and many other well loved games.(Rune Quest, Stormbringer,Heroquest, Advanced Heroquest, Warhammer,Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay,Middle Earth Role Play,Harnmaster,Chivalry and Sorcery to name but a few).
Old 12-29-2000, 05:32 PM   #4
Dwarf

Erm, Twin Kingdom Valley, The Wrath of Nikademus,Bard's Tale trilogy, Eye of the Beholder trilogy etc, truth be told I'm mainly a Pencil and Paper player,only bought a computer because Diablo came out and I got addicted (D2 was better and I still like it).I was thinking more D&D (purple box),AD&D(1st Edition),Tunnels and trolls(rubbish but worth a mention),Traveler and many other well loved games.(Rune Quest, Stormbringer,Heroquest, Advanced Heroquest, Warhammer,Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay,Middle Earth Role Play,Harnmaster,Chivalry and Sorcery to name but a few).