Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-15-2001, 04:36 AM   #21
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I heard that the CD - burning issue was to be dropped since it clashed with to many laws. However the MP3 support is bad on Xp at least what I have heard. In the regular program tha comes with it MP3 will sound bad compaired to their own format.. However, install winamp and you are home free.

Unfortunatley for the big corporates, things like this will lead to more people will avoid Microsoft. They have a tendancy to try and rule peoples options and well. If Amiga or Linx just make that ittle function to be able to ryn the games on todays PC market...

Bye bye Windows OS. Gamers is one of the biggest gtoups of market cut and if all says their piece or would buy only playstations from now on.. It will be a huge set back for the developers. The computer business will be real bad for alot of years. Gamers spend alot of money on their games, compuers and asserories. So, well if they keep messing, we can threaten to buy Playstation 2, a harddrive and keyboard for it. The littel modem and voila. Someone at Sony will make something like word, and there you have what most people use their computers for!!

OK, this came out as an angry rally call. But for me. My WIN98 will stay in my puter for some time. A dual boot to some other OS seems to be the best choice. If the games can be played under win98 for some time.. I don´t see any use to get XP and other mindcontol OS on my computer. I´m tired of being scanned and mailed alot of different commercial mails just because I was on someones site or searched for this or that...

GRRRRRR

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 08-15-2001, 10:20 AM   #22
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Earthdog, Nick and Slackerboy told me about the watermark stuff. Tell me, how does it affect wav.files you create? ie. Can you burn onto CD music you create. Otherwise, what good is having a burner?

While I've been away my bro told me my computer "went into cardiac arrest" and literally died. All those Wav files! Anyhow, the result was an extra 128 mg of ram and windows ME. I haven't heard about any issues with it yet, but everyone seems to hate it. Moirane couldn't stand it. Is it really that bad? AAAAAARRRRRGGGG!!!

I'm glad Sylent, that you are a voice of validation for it.

No problem bud. Lets say you have 10 CDs by various groups recorded onto your hard drive by a program like MusicMatch Jukebox. Say you want to make a compilation of all your favourite tunes. You take a couple by Metallica and a couple by Led Zepplin and so on.

When you use your burning program, and from the way I understand it it makes no difference which one, Windows XP will ride in the back ground and add noise and dead spots. If you listen to the CD that you made on that computer youll hear everything naturally.

BUT if you try to listen to that CD one a stereo or in someone elses computer youll hear a little bit of music. then bleep bleep blurp. then a little more music followed by a dead spot. Followed by music and then more bleep bleep blurp and another dead spot. and so on and so on and so on.

They are trying to make it completely unusable by anything other than the system it was reproduced on.

I could be wrong about all this but Ive been trying to research this subject and this is what all the material Ive read says. Mircosoft is trying to make burners obsolete. And Im sure they also have (somewhere up their sleeve) the perfect Microsoft alternative to the problem, forcing you, the consumer, to buy yet another of their products.

Any other input out there????

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2001, 06:21 PM   #23
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

so what happens if I upgrade my pc (which usually requires a reinstallation of the OS as well) - will that make those CDs unusable?
Old 08-15-2001, 06:40 PM   #24
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

ME must be an enigmatic random program, like a wild mage.

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Fish?

Old 08-15-2001, 10:30 PM   #25
Hesperex

Micro$haft Windows Millenium ...OH WOE ...OH CALAMITY ...OH DEAR LORD SAVE OUR SOLES FROM THE IMPENDING DOOOOOOOOM!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! GOD HELP US ALL!!!

(the screams of tortured soles ride the night winds sending shivers down the spines of those happy win2k users as they contemplate the horrors they have avoided by a choice as seemingly trivial as an operating system. The sounds of the banshee are but music compared to these screams! OH WOE ...OH CALAMITY ...OH DER LORD.......!)

Yes I have had an absolout WALE of a time with windows me ...ahem excuse the sarcasm but i build systems for a living and have to deal with winme a lot! ...belive me my life would of been so much easier if Microsoft hadn't released such an abomination to the ignorant masses.

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 08-17-2001, 08:00 PM   #26
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

how much memory does it need anyway?

------------------

My love for her is beyond words... beyond time... you know this
Old 08-17-2001, 08:08 PM   #27
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Have to agree with you Mem. This feature is the best. Have used it several times when things have gone bad.

------------------