Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-02-2001, 08:44 AM   #1
Byronas

Who do you think is better?

------------------

Old 10-02-2001, 09:00 AM   #2
StarVid
Elminster

I don't really like either of them. Edwin is powerful and all, but he's evil and that'll really screw up your party's chemistry, especially if you have Minsc in the party. Aerie on the other hand, is multi-classed so she advances really slow and maxes out at lower levels. If I had to pick between the two, I'd choose Jan.

Or, on the other hand, what I plan to do next (because I was so disappointed at the spellcasters in this game), is play as a human cleric, and then dual over to a mage at like level 12. Then I only lose one mage level, but gain about 26 priest spells (not including what I get for a high wisdom, necessary for dual class). That way I have a good full time mage, and a really nice part time cleric (when I catch up levels).
Old 10-02-2001, 09:31 AM   #3
Vampire

My opinion would be biased.
Not a good comparison!

Edwin gets +2 spells per level. But Aerie is better!

------------------
Old 10-02-2001, 10:11 AM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well, it depends on what are your basis for gameplay... Edwin is powerful yes. He also has this wicked sense of humor. Next he is the best mage in the game. But then, if you are story wise and RPG wise instead of powergaming, or rather you want a versatile player, it has to be Aerie. I find her the most versatile character next to Jaheira I suppose...

------------------

Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...
Old 10-02-2001, 11:15 AM   #5
Lin Sivvi the Paladin
Dungeon Master

Well, depends whether you want a versatile character or a pure power mage. But Edwin's chaotic evil does screw up the party bad, unless of course you are going for an evil party.
But Aerie on the other hand, does not screw up the party at all, and it really is kinda fun to Aerie along in the party. More versatile. Anyways, I would pick Aerie.
Old 10-02-2001, 11:18 AM   #6
Montravant
Manshoon

Well u cant get romantic with Edwin *pukes* so go with Arie .

------------------
The Key To Imortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering

:diablo: -Montravant