Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2009, 01:01 AM   #1
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Default Question about the company called Game Stop

Hello once again everybody, its your friendly neighborhood DA, wanting to ask a question.

I have in my posession two games:

Devil May Cray 4
&
Fortza Motorsport 2 & Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 disk special combo

How much do you think Game Stop would buy them for? I was thinking about buying a used copy of Bad Company and i really dont play those two games anymore.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:27 AM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: Question about the company called Game Stop

I think the most I've ever gotten for a game was $10, but then that may have been on a special they were running, more likely it was $5

I know the least they paid out with $.01 for a PSone disc of Bubsy 3D. Can't blame them I don't think I would have even paid that much for it.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Oh, well i know the one in my hometown buys them for a pretty good price, but unfortunatley thats not the one im going to.

What about ethernet cords?
How long is the longest one? I might just buy a wireless adapter, but im not sure i want to mess with that.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:25 AM   #4
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

How did we go from selling games to GameStop,,to ethernet cables? Oh well, ethernet cables....once you get to 50+ feet, you may experience signal loss due to line impedance...but it may work adequately up to 300 meters. I wouldn't want to go much beyond that.

IF YOU ARE AN ONLINE GAMER,,,,,I recommend you avoid wireless because of system lag..which can be critical in combat.

How far do you need the ethernet cable to go?

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.

Last edited by ElfBane; 08-03-2009 at 10:55 AM.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:33 AM   #5
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrowArchmage View Post
Hello once again everybody, its your friendly neighborhood DA, wanting to ask a question.

I have in my posession two games:

Devil May Cray 4
&
Fortza Motorsport 2 & Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 disk special combo

How much do you think Game Stop would buy them for? I was thinking about buying a used copy of Bad Company and i really dont play those two games anymore.
Getting back to the original question......A Game Stop store just opened a few months ago here in my hometown. My sons decided to go through their collection of games (mainly Nintendo DS and PS2) and trade them in. I was actually surprised by the amount of credit they got. I expected it to be no more than $10 (max) myself, but they actually paid close to $20 for some of their newer games. Of course, most of the credits were closer to the $10 mark, but we still ended up with a credit over $200 - enough for my oldest son to upgrade his DS for the new DSi.