Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2004, 11:10 PM   #1
Rokenn
Galvatron

As Bush likes to say, "This is what democracy looks like!"

Republicans Sign Along the Dotted Line

By Dana Milbank
Sunday, August 1, 2004; Page A05

I pledge allegiance to the . . . candidate?

Political campaigns are always eager to keep hecklers out of their pep rallies, but the Republican National Committee took that desire to a new level last week, requiring supporters to sign an oath of loyalty before receiving tickets to Saturday's New Mexico rally featuring Vice President Cheney.

The Albuquerque Journal reported on Friday that people seeking tickets to the Cheney event who could not be identified as GOP partisans -- contributors or volunteers -- were told they could not receive tickets unless they signed an endorsement form saying "I, (full name) . . . do herby (sic) endorse George W. Bush for reelection of the United States." The form warns that signers "are consenting to use and release of your name by Bush-Cheney as an endorser of President Bush."

The paper quoted a Republican official saying a "Democrat operative group" was trying to infiltrate the limited-seating event -- although the party apparently turned away uncommitted voters who simply wanted to hear Cheney speak.

RNC communications director Jim Dyke defended the practice on Friday. "Maybe we should start having joint fundraisers with the DNC," he mused. "Please."

John F. Kerry's campaign has charged that the Bush campaign routinely screens attendees of Bush's speeches, and the Democrats say they do not impose loyalty requirements on crowds for their nominee's speeches. This much is certainly true: If the Democrats are trying to keep crowds loyal, they aren't doing a very good job. When Kerry visited New Mexico a few weeks ago, a group of young men in the crowd waved flip-flops in the air during his speech and chanted, "Viva Bush!"
Old 08-06-2004, 09:02 AM   #2
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Now *that's* the way to get the swing votes! I think the RNC should do this at every speaking event in a swing state.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:20 PM   #3
Jonas Strider
Manshoon

Dirty just downright dirty. And I wouldn't want to hear Cheney speak. I already know what he sounds like.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:31 PM   #4
Chewbacca
Zartan

I've got an oath for them:

I solemly swear not to vote for George Bush and Dick Cheney.

I give my consent for this oath to be used publicly.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:10 PM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

There goes Chewie, swearing off of his support for Dick and Bush again.