Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 02-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #171
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Default Re: Antagonist's Anarchy: Magically-Deviant Mental Asylum (or OOC)

Ah, those kittens, they're so darn vicious!

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #172
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

*gasp* there is life. Did someone give this game a shot of adrenaline while I wasn't looking? This is the most action we've seen in... months!
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:17 AM   #173
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I seem to have that affect. ..and I didn't even have religion in it!
Old 02-20-2009, 04:05 PM   #174
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I'm either dumb, or blind, or both. I do not see a sheet to fill in.

..and why is there all that spoiler stuff?

do I need to read through this entire thread to know what's going on? What level do I start at? ..can I die?

Last edited by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood; 02-20-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #175
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Very bottom of the first post is a spoiler for character sheet template. The 'rules' are very, very detailed but as CD said, it's pretty free form. We don't generally to rolls for actions or whatever, can pretty much do what you want as long as something blows up/someone sings/someone cross dresses, etc. Destruction usually follow this band. You could die, say if you decided to climb up a steep rockface with no safety rope and no knowledge of climbing, or if you charge an army butt naked. But the chances are (and don't quote me on this, he's been known to have a nasty side!! ) CD won't inflict a deadly plague on you, or put you in a situation where you have no chance of survival. If you're bored read the last few threads, they are a pretty good laugh. Shame some of the (past) characters seem to fade out quicker than these threads do!
Old 02-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #176
Legolas
Jack Burton

Here's what's going on:
In a medievalish land of humans the capital city is the centre of civilization and intrigue. It is doomed by a prophecy and with that time drawing closer unrest grows.
The capital is far away though, and in the borderlands lowly bandits and temple women prepare for the return of the Master. Not a deity as such, they use his influence to extort the humble people of the realm for their own personal gain.
Our heroes meanwhile are on a quest to... do... things. Leaving a lot of broken bodies, broken bottles, torched settlements, buildings and forests in their wake.
Who will aid them in their noble mission?
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #177
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivelliis View Post
(and don't quote me on this, he's been known to have a nasty side!! )
Aww shucks. You're making me feel fuzzy and warm; you're too kind. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood View Post
I'm either dumb, or blind, or both. I do not see a sheet to fill in.

..and why is there all that spoiler stuff?

do I need to read through this entire thread to know what's going on? What level do I start at? ..can I die?
Both Leggy and Ive have the right of it. Actually, they put it better than I could. It's nice that people are actually paying attention .

I guess I ought to give a once-over of the rules. If you've any questions, please feel free to ask them here or PM me.

First of all, the 'rules' are hidden under the spoiler tags. They are actually simpler than they look. Honest.
The long and short of it is it is a points based system; you gain "XP" or "character points" rather than levels. You have an initial "pool" of points to which you can assign to any category on the sheet. Currently, as the system stands these different categories do not offer synergy bonuses (like 3ed DnD does with attributes to skills). The idea is conflicts are resolved by comparisons - whoever has the highest score wins. Of course, the actual numbers on the sheets are only a guideline and other circumstances are taken into account; such as surprise, perhaps the weather, the terrain - whatever is appropriate. Of course, a character/player can willing cede and let the other 'win'. Again, it is really just a rough guideline. To sum up the 'rules', the character sheet is 'innate' circumstances (what the character possesses), and the rest 'world', or the circumstances outside the character. Eh, that makes it sound more long winded than it is.
An example would be: (oh, let's say), Nivram has a '4' in agility, a '4' in 'drinking' and is partially drunk. He's deeply in his cups and Asokil is blathering on distracting him about getting more ale. A townsman bumps into Nivram; a check is made to see if Nivram spills his drink.

Okay, maybe that's a bad example because Nivram's player would decide what happens. But combat works more or less the same way; sometimes the DM (yours truly) will decide the results of an action, but mostly, it's freeform. That said, certain Named NPCs are under the control of the DM and you lot can't have them . 'Force moving' of other PCs isn't permitted unless the player is okay with it. The most important rule is this: "do unto others..." and "have fun" - just respect the other players and they'll respect you. You'll pick it up soon enough. I don't mean to sound condescending btw; most of this is all common sense .

And yes, you can die. *smiles sweetly*. But it doesn't happen often. Much. (I don't kill characters out of hand).

Oh - and - no signatures IC. *coughs* Sometime I tend to forget myself. Why? Signatures tend to break up the flow of the walls of text. Yeah, I'm picky that way.

Prior knowledge of the threads so far is not necessary, but I highly recommend you look at a few posts just to get a general 'feel' of the game. If you require further setting info, just drop me a line and I'll post some more here. Leggy pretty much summed it up though.

I think that's everything... did I miss anything guys?

Last edited by Calaethis Dragonsbane; 02-20-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:54 AM   #178
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

So, there are just various types of humans? No classes per say?

I still don't see the character sheet, or how to develop a character.

If y'all could kinda get into it a bit, so I can get a feel for it, that would help.

Last edited by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood; 02-21-2009 at 07:59 AM.
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:52 AM   #179
Legolas
Jack Burton

No class as such, no.
You can just click the spoiler tags, they're not spoilers so much as a way to organize different categories within a post.

The last one in the first post looks like this:
Spoiler for Character Sheet Template:

Name:

Height:
Weight:
Build:
Skin Tone:
Hair Colour:
Eye Colour:

Level-Up Points:
Current XP: - Character Points
Spent XP: - Character Points
Total Awarded XP: - Character Points

Attributes
Str
End
Agi
Int
Per
Aur
Spr
Luck

Disadvantages
Rare: (Tier I-V)
Common:
Mild: (Tier I-V)
Major: (Tier I-V)

Skills

Magic

Sphere

Tier I:
Tier II:
Tier III:
Tier IV:
Tier V:

Weapon Mastery
Mastery:
Adept:
Acolyte:

Signature Technique
Lesser:
Greater:
Unique:

Essence Pool
Total Metre: # (5 + upgrade)
Spent/Remaining:

Inventory

Background
Appearance & Personality:
Biography:

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #180
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

That's fine, but how do I know how to "roll-up" a character?