Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-31-2001, 10:18 AM   #1
Doxin1
Dungeon Master

I know basically nothing about spells. I'm using Jaheira and Aerial as my "spell casters". They are at lvl 11. What are some of the best spells to use to really wreak havoc on the enemy?

Old 10-31-2001, 10:35 AM   #2
Sorcerer Alex

Ahh, spells, my favorite subject

For Aerie:

Magic Missle, Chromatic Orb, Mirror Image, Invisibilty, Horror, Flame Arrow, Monster Summoning 1,2,3, Fireball, Hold Person, Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Summon Fire/Earth/Air Elemental, Confusion, Domination and Shadow Door are imperative as wizard spells and will make Aerie a very potent spellcaster.

Her priest spells aren't all that powerful to begin with, but a few very handy ones are Cure light/medium/serious/critical wounds, Sanctuary, Negative Plane Protection and any Elemental Summoning spells are also good. Also, the 6th level spells Insect Swarm, Aerial Servant and Blade Barrier are great once she's gone up a couple of levels.

For Jaheira:

Pretty much the same as Aerie, just try a few new ones, see which ones you like and prefer, and just mix them around to your own tastes. I use Jaheira's spells to experiment with, so that might also be a good idea for you. Just learn whichever spells you want to, it's your game, after all

------------------
Later,

Old 10-31-2001, 10:38 AM   #3
Zbyszek

I could suggest to have one pure class mage. He/she will level more quickly and have access to higher level and greater amout of spells.

Old 10-31-2001, 10:41 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Good lord! How could you people forget... ...

BREACH

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of Aerie Loving Sacred Band!
-------------------------
Party Sorcerer Spell List, v1.03
Dragon Slaying Tips
For your daily dosage of insanity,
Old 10-31-2001, 10:45 AM   #5
Lazarus
Manshoon

The spells that really Wreak havoc is some high lvl spells:
*Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting [A level 8 spell] (This spell evaporates moisture from the bodies of every living creature within the area of effect, inflicting 1&8 damage per level of the caster. This spell is very deadly for water elemental's and planar creatures, Who recieve -2 to thier saving throws.)
*Disintegrate [A level 6 spell] (These can kill enemies instantly if they dont make a saving throw, but it will disintegrate some if not all the the items that the person you disintegrated is carrying)
*Stone to Flesh [A level 6 spell] (Well if youre enemies get Stoned (petrified) by this spell you can either attack them or cast a spell on them to break them into little peices )
*Symbol Death [A level 8 spell] (This spell kinda like setting a trap but different. You cast the spell anywhere you like, then when enemies get close to it they will die, but creatures with more than 60 current hit points are immune to this spell.)
*Summon Fiend [A level 8 spell] (When you cast this spell it will summon a Frenzied demon. This demon will attack everyone in the area who is not protected by a protection from evil spell.Only deperate or suicidal mages use this spell. But this spell really wreaks Havoc.
*Black Blade of Disaster [A level 9 spell] (This spell enables the caster to create a black, blade-shaped planar rift, about three feet long. When you strike this blade at enemies they must make a save vs. death or be disintegrated.)
*Meteor Swarm [A level 9 spell] (When the caster utters the word to cast this spell, he calls into powerful forces. These forces pull down meteors from above,hurling randolmy in the area of effect. Anyone caught in the destructive path of the meteors--whether friend or foe--will suffer 4-40 points of damage,with no saving throw. This spell REALLY will destroy anything in it's path.)
*Gate [A level 9 spell] (When this spell is caster the caster summons the most powerful of all demon's, the PitFiend. This will attack everyone in the area withou protection from evil spell.)
*Wail of the Banshee [A level 9 spell] (At the culmination of this dreadful spell, the wizard screams like a banshee [Groaning spirit]. Everyone in the area of effect that hears the scream will Die instantly unless you make a save vs. death. The caster and companions are immune to the effects of the Wail.)

Most of these spell's you'll need to level up atleast to level 18 or 20 to use them well these spells are the one's who really wreak havoc.

------------------

To be Forgotten is worse than death...

[This message has been edited by Lazarus (edited 10-31-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lazarus (edited 10-31-2001).]
Old 10-31-2001, 10:58 AM   #6
Doxin1
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazarus:

Most of these spell you need to level up atleast to level 18 or 20 well these spells are the one's who really wreak havoc.

WOW! These sound REALLY cool! I'm going to use magic more often!

Thanks guys!!

Old 10-31-2001, 01:16 PM   #7
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Don't forget Minor spell sequencer, Spell sequencer, Contingency, Spell Trigger and Chain Contingency!!! These make a mage oh so dangerous!!!

[This message has been edited by Fuzzy Animal (edited 10-31-2001).]
Old 10-31-2001, 02:04 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

My Offensive Must Haves: Magic Missile, Melf's Acid Arrow, Flame Arrow, Finger of Death, Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting.

Defensive: Mislead.

Disabling: Greater Malison, Emotion, Lower Resistance.

Counters: Detect Invisibility, Breach, Ruby Ray of Reversal, Khelben's Warding Whip.

Backups: Minor Spell Sequencer, Spell Sequencer, Spell Trigger, Contingency, Chain Contingency.

Summons: Animate Dead, Mordenkainen's Sword

You can also see my Sorcerer Spell List on what else I choose in a life of magic. The link is in my signature.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of Aerie Loving Sacred Band!
-------------------------
Party Sorcerer Spell List, v1.03
Dragon Slaying Tips
For your daily dosage of insanity,
Old 10-31-2001, 03:07 PM   #9
Cleric 2
Manshoon

don't forget death spell for annoying little weenies like orcs and stuff

------------------
Im Nik, the servant of my queen, Ellesime,

The Elven highpriest of Seldarine.

Emerald High Priest of ALSB

Aerie =

Aerie =

Aerie is a
Old 10-31-2001, 03:14 PM   #10
SecretMaster
Apophis

Yeah, i agree with lazarus. In TOB(SPOILER) use comet and dragons breath. Don't even consider not takin up ur planetar. Also, u should use greater malison(4th level spell) before savevsspell spellls. And yeah, get Imeon or Nalia for mage power, heck take em both!

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden