Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2002, 06:50 AM   #1
AndyG
Elminster

Has anyone else noticed significant XP reductions in the last few patches? I think the first one was around patch 1.19, and there seems to have been another one in this latest patch. My first few characters were reaching level 9 by the end of chapter 1. Then, they were maybe getting to level 8. Now, I just started a ranger, and he's only level 5 after completing two of the city districts. I know I'm usually level 6 at this point, because I start to do the henchman quests. I only really play melee characters, so there shouldn't be any xp discrepancy that way, and my current character is a ranger. Maybe they're judged as super-uber, so they get majorly reduced xp, but otherwise the game itself has changed.

Unfortunately, this sort of snowballs. Since my character is lower level, I get fewer creatures to kill and easier ones, so I get less xp than I normally would. For some reason, I'm getting 4 xp per kill for escaped prisoners and zoo guards. Seems like that's really low for a 5th level character.

The only thing I've done differently with this character is do the Beggar's Nest first, instead of the Peninsula district.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 09:46 AM   #2
Fiend
Manshoon

I had the same thing-I only just hit lvl 18 when id completed it with a fighter and id done all the quests there was. It was a shame when i played a monk as i really wanted that damage reduction.oh well, i still annihilated everything anyway.
Old 09-04-2002, 11:58 PM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

i have noticed the same thing.

i also noticed a weird fluctuation in the amount of gp found in the first part of the game. originally, with out of the box game, i was getting 1gp and was doing good to get 3 or 4 gp. then after the second patch, i was getting 18 gp, and sometimes 24 gp. NOW, after the latest, i am back to getting a steady diet of 1 gp to 4 gp.

each of the three differentiations i mentioned were when i had to restart the game (due to having horrid ME crashes and an eventual upgrade to XP Pro). i restarted the game each time with the same char (just rebuilt from memory)... a Gladiatress.... uh... Gladiatorette.... hmmmm... Lady Vesselle, Female Gladiator. LOL! you get my drift.

V***V