Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2002, 05:09 PM   #1
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Ok so far I have been through the prison area and I have not had a henchman yet. I realize the henchman have side quest for you but do you really "need" them along?
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 05:55 PM   #2
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

yes and no
there are some areas in the game where it would be extremely difficult to do without your henchman, but not impossible if u have enough determination to see it through

so id recommend havin one -p
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 10:59 PM   #3
Greadius
The Magister

Do you really NEED to go solo?

There is really nothing you gain out of it other than personal satisfaction (if that is what floats your boat) assuming you succeed. Having a beautiful woman following you around is always a bonus though.
Greadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 11:46 PM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

well it is so fun to play with a henchman so play with one!

the game doesn't require you so... but the difficulty of the game was based on you with a henchman... so if you don't have any you will have a hard time
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 11:56 PM   #5
Saltheart Foamfollower
Manshoon

It is nice to have them, for the extra quest... It does not cost you anything if they die, for they are always waiting for you at the Temple...

The rogue is quite nice to use, since he will always open/disarm locks/traps for you...

That lovely bard is pretty good in combat and at thief skills also...
Old 07-06-2002, 05:05 AM   #6
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

all can open chests btw. other than that they are good at the beginning of the game.when i carry mine around if he dies i dont go back for him unless i know im about to get into a big fight which is usually almost never.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 10:17 AM   #7
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Not if you don't want one. I haven't bothered with one so far. Didn't want to have to babysit them. My character is a fighter/rogue and has been able to handle everything alright on his own.
Old 07-06-2002, 10:44 AM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

tomi or sharwyn which can open locks is great to have at chapter 1 but in later chapters when you can easily bash every chest in the game those npc are a burden to you.

should have pick that crazy monk instead.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 03:05 PM   #9
AndyG
Elminster

I find them handy in chapter 1, when my character is fairly weak. My level 15 monk is about to get rid of Tomi. My greatest challenge is keeping Tomi alive, although he's pretty tough now too. At this stage of the game, most traps fail to affect me, and I can bash anything with +4 gauntlets with 1d4 sonic damage.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 04:11 PM   #10
Blade
Emerald Dragon

well i'm twords the end of chapter 1 and am doing it solo as a eleven fighter/mage and haven't needed any help i am in fact finding it a bit to easy on the normal setting. But having a henchman along is more of a thing of preference so do try both and see wich you like better.