Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2001, 08:46 PM   #11
Pangur Ban

I agree. WW was very underrated. I suspect a good deal of this came from the bad publicity after it was first release. Its difficult to appreciate a game properly if you are cursing and snarling at technical hang-ups and game bugs.

It was the same for Ultima 9.

I still put WW in my top 5 CRPG's, although it just got knocked down a notch by Anachronox.

Pangur Ban

------------------
-------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------
"Sad is the society where people may walk their dogs in public without wearing a helmet and protective kneepads ...."
Pangur Ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 09:22 PM   #12
Garion
Welcomed New User

i agree, W&W is seriously underrated. I bought it for $5US in Australia, and it was the first i'd heard of it. I try to ignore publicity when it comes to RPG because most reviews tend to be posted by FPS fans (you explore for hours and only meet 50 enemies, where's the BFG, headshots don't work etc) of the die hard RPG'ers (in my day they made real RPG's, none of this 'graphics' rubbish). My favourite RPG, unless W&W usurps it, is demise. It got dumped by it's publisher, and the only way i could get it was mail order. The reviewers bagged its graphics system, it's spund etc, but I loved it. Some monsters were hostile, some friendly. If you opened a friendly guys treasure chest, he went hostile, if you talked to them, you needed to understand the language, which improved as you leveled up. Different guilds focus on different skills (barbarians ignore 'languages', sorcerers focus on it more, etc.)

anyway, i've rambled
W&W is great, and highly underrated
Garion is offline   Reply With Quote