Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-10-2004, 11:49 AM   #1
acronym
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there any way to disable the producers' logos (Black Isle, BioWare, Wizards of the Coast) that pop up before the main menu every time one starts BG2 ? And what about disabling the introductory "movie" that runs every time one starts a game ?

It is becoming quite irksome having to hit the "ESC" button every time in order to skip these intros. I played BG1 again recently and it was a pleasure having the main menu come up without any irritating interruptions.

Please note that I do not want to disable the "movies" that run during the game.
acronym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 12:48 PM   #2
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

lol, as far as i know, there is no way to disable them. it's no biggy, you'll get used to it in the end. i have...
Old 10-10-2004, 01:00 PM   #3
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

There is a mod which shortens the "ahh the child of Bhaal has awoken" scene and lots thereafter, maybe all of them. I think it's the Ease-of-Use mod, not sure.
As for the Black Isles bit, just click your mouse a few times and it goes straight to the menu [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2004, 10:20 PM   #4
Hank Parsons
Zhentarim Guard

The movie files exist in your BG folder. I've thought about trying to replace them with shorter movie files, of the same filename. Anyone tried this?

There's also a referent for the movies in the .ini file, so it may be possible to edit or delete that pointer. I have no knowledge of this, just ideas to try if you want to risk it.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:30 PM   #5
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I have also heard that if you change a setting in your .ini file it disables the intros.

The procedure is as follows:
Open the baldur.ini file in your main BG2 directory (you can open it using any simple text editor, such as notepad).
You will see several headings (always between brackets "[" and "]". Look for the heading [Program Option] and write the following line under it.
Disable Movies=1
Just like that (mind the capitals). It will then look like this:
[Program Options]
Debug Mode=1
Then close the baldur.ini file and save the settings.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:48 AM   #6
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
It will then look like this:
[Program Options]
Debug Mode=1
Realy? You type "Disable Movies=1" and it comes out "Debug Mode=1"? Wow. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 05:09 AM   #7
acronym
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No chance of my getting used to these intros - the more I play BG2, the more they irritate me !

Won't using the "Disable Movies=1" setting in the baldur.ini file disable ALL movies, not just the intro movie ?

Maybe I'll try it out anyway and see what happens.

Thanks for the comments so far !
Old 10-11-2004, 08:43 AM   #8
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

As i said before, i got used to them and i wonder how many of the other IW BG 2 playing Choc Minions did also get used to them. If you really, really can't stand them and you are willing to risk crashing your game, go right ahead...
Old 10-11-2004, 04:55 PM   #9
acronym
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, Ivelliis, your suggestion to click on the Black Isle and other intros in order to skip them works very well and is much more convenient than hitting the ESC button.

As far as changing the baldur.ini file goes, I'll mull it over some more. At any rate, I'll be busy the next few days and won't have time to experiment with the settings.