Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-01-2001, 10:56 PM   #1
Lioness
Jack Burton

the original thread is here:
http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/001902.html

the previous thread is here
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/No...ML/002707.html

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good darjeeling
and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

*this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable

for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reptuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.

Cloudy, your hostess
And Lioness, your waitress

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Old 09-01-2001, 11:00 PM   #2
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Settles into her usual dark corner and surveys the room

Hello Lioness! May I have some Guiness in the LARGEST stein that you have?

------------------

Proud new member of LH!
Old 09-01-2001, 11:19 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hello everyone.. sorry I wasn't here sooner. Lioness thanks for the new start..I'll fix up the next one in time!

I've got company, my dad and stepmom and the BEAST.. er... dog. We had a lovely day sitting out on my patio, looking at pictures, barbecueing and talking. They all just turned in for the night, so here I am!

*sits down with a cup of tea* Ahhh.. time to sit and relax with friends.

CB

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-01-2001, 11:27 PM   #4
Fast Hands
Dungeon Master

Thanks Lioness. Nice place Cloudbringer! Hope everyone has something fun planned for Labor Day?

Fast Hands

Old 09-01-2001, 11:30 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Just the usual chit chat and discussions of life, the universe and 42 ways to make a happy cup a' coffee... LOL *looks at her tea* or tea.

CB
Old 09-01-2001, 11:42 PM   #6
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
*this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

Looks around nervously...

I think I am in the wrong place, where do we go to drink beer and get into character if we want? Is there a thread?

------------------

Proud new member of LH!
Old 09-02-2001, 03:08 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Lilliara, there's the BG2 Bar in the BG2:SoA forum...but there are other cafes about as well.

And I think this cafe serves beer as well...I've seen some spirits floating around here (oops, or is that spectres? Hard to tell sometimes!)

Cheers,

------------------
Old 09-02-2001, 03:10 AM   #8
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

So, what does a girl have to do to get some Guiness?

------------------

Proud new member of LH!
Old 09-02-2001, 03:13 AM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
So, what does a girl have to do to get some Guiness?

Head to Ireland maybe?

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-02-2001, 03:17 AM   #10
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Lilliara, there's the BG2 Bar in the BG2:SoA forum...but there are other cafes about as well.

And I think this cafe serves beer as well...I've seen some spirits floating around here (oops, or is that spectres? Hard to tell sometimes!)

Cheers,

Er, you serve beer? And have a 13 year old waitess? Thats quite illeagle you know

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way to....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas